HybridZ

Politics and Religion - Banned

johnc

I don't think posts should be deleted because someone might find them offensive. That is a slippery slope we need to avoid. Somewhere, there is someone who might find almost any post offensive- and to try to humor them in the interest of being PC is a waste of time. If you're that thin skinned you need to get a life. There's probably no doubt I have offended a few stupid newbies/nonsearchers with my posts, but they just need to follow the rules of the site and we'll get along fine. We may not always agree, but we'll get along.

I'm in favor of banning P&R. Most people have their minds firmly made up on these subjects, and are not going to change them. It usually becomes an argument for the sake of arguing, and gets heated and personal, which is a bad thing. I have good friends I don't agree with on P&R, but we know where we stand, don't stir things to see if it will stink, and we remain close friends. We are primarily here to discuss Z's plus the occasional interesting/funny occurance, and that should be the main focus of the site.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think this was long overdue. While I greatly enjoy political debates' date=' I also think that certain things have there own place. The site is called HybridZ, which for me is a place to unwind and discuss tech or fun issues related to our common hobby and escape from the more stressful aspects of life (virtual sanctuary). There are other sites for political debates and there are much better political news sources than HybridZ.

I think we should stick to what we do best on this site. I vote to keep the “realities†of everyone’s political and religious perspectives/biases separate from this nice technically oriented and fun Z site.[/quote']

I agree completly... this site is for technical knowledge

Can somebody provide me a copy with the contents of such "heated" discussions that all of you guys are talking about? ...well...if it is possible.

Are we experiencing some kind of self-repressive control because all of those kids with body of men took a crap in the 'middle' of the room?

What if we declare HybridZ a religion? Can we get tax breaks?

Does that make SuperDan the pope(or head shaman)? JohnC' date=' BlueOvalZ, Mikelly, etc... can be bishops.

What do you think?

Donations are being accepted to my Temple of Z:)[/quote']

Do we have to drink any special punch? :mrgreen:

!M!

I think we should be able to talk about any issue here. just make a offtopic fourm or something if people dont wanna read it they dont have too. I like talking about all sorts of things expecially politcs.. just for a few laughs i found this pic on the net a few ago and had myself a nice laugh over it. and yes N.O. I am sorry for what happened but this is still kinda funny pic.

fed4582e.jpg

Traub83, This isn't free speech. You're free to "think" whatever you want. But I'd recommend reading the rules for this site. As we have stated in the past, rules are rules, and this is a new rule that has been mandated.

If you want to talk politics or religion, go elsewhere.

Mike

wait wait wait a sec, did'nt you say you wanted to hear our opnions on the new rule?? Thats what I did thats all I did. I didnt go anywhere else and say lets talk bush or about god. I just stated my opnion like you asked thats all. And I thought it was funny cause I seen a pic and decided to share with you guys so if thats wrong and against forum rules im sorry but I flat out remember you guys asking for our opnions on this rule...

And I responded saying I dont see what the big deal is thats all. So whats wrong with that??

PS. And I made a suggestion if you guys do end up allowing it by making another discussion fourm called off topic or something along those lines. But if you guys dont want the politcs on the site so what its your site. I will continue to do what I do normally cause i think the only time i even mentioned politics was in this post when our opnions were asked by none other than the admin so I don't think I did anything wrong but give you what you all wanted, Our opnions...

I'm opening this thread up for member comments. I've received a couple private messages and the mods and admins kinda want to see what you folks think of the new rule.

there ya go...

I think the Bishop thing would work out, although we would have to really keep an eye on Tim around the alter boys... :twisted:

If that would work out think I could change my name to FatherTraub83 :)

:lmao: Yes some of us do! :lmao:!

In a perfect world we could all express our views and all have them accepted without offending others for possesing these views. Unfortunately we aren't in a perfect world. I think we are better off without any discussion related to both topics. Personally, that gives finite bounds for all to follow. Otherwise, there is to much unknown grey area for some to wiggle through to start "topics" that might burn to hot!

...And that could be a lot more work for the mods and admins.

Mike

Traub83, Sorry for the heavy handed "This isn't free speech" tone above. Your post count hinted that you might be new, and we have to give that speech to newbees sometimes.

We've got a great site here. Unfortunately, we even get things wrong sometimes. Keeping topic content centered aroung humor and cars, and stupid people tricks keeps it less offensive in general.

Mike