HybridZ

Track Car Progress, PICS

mark

Cmp is in Kershaw SC. About 1.5 hrs from Charlotte. Thats the closest place for me to go. I love VIR and look forward to getting back there soon. Road Atlanta and Roebling are also tracks I get to occasionally. I have not been to Road Atlant in a long time but hope to get back there soon also.

Any pics of you project? We used to live in Morrisville under the runway for RDU. My wife worked in Apex. Nice town.

Great looking car and fast.. Reading your post is CMP your local track? Or do you come up to VIR or down to Roebling? I used to drive/instruct with Tarheel and other clubs in the area... Got out of it about 8 years ago. It's a long story involving a ex wife.... But I've been building a LS1 240Z for street and track for about 3 years. I'm hoping to get it on track late next year...Thanks for the thread it makes me want to get out there in the garage:)..

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We love Apex. It is a great little town. If you haven't been here in a couple years the Downtown area is filled with shops and Pubs now. It's cool to able to walk home from..

I love Road Atlanta but I've only driven it once after they changed the track. What a rush Gravity cavity was back in the day.. Sounds like we should know each other. I used to instruct with Tarheel, Car Guys, Alfa club and a couple of the BMW clubs. Plus work in some local Auto X.

Here's a couple pic's of the car.. I'm hoping to have it done next year.

Cmp is in Kershaw SC. About 1.5 hrs from Charlotte. Thats the closest place for me to go. I love VIR and look forward to getting back there soon. Road Atlanta and Roebling are also tracks I get to occasionally. I have not been to Road Atlant in a long time but hope to get back there soon also.

Any pics of you project? We used to live in Morrisville under the runway for RDU. My wife worked in Apex. Nice town.

DSC02416_thumb.JPG

65_thumb.JPG

DSC02415_thumb.JPG

It's Orange. A little more brown then the factory color. Not sure how that happend? I ordered the factory code color. But it looks good with the gold wheels. Not to bad for my first paint job. Going to try and get the cage done over winter then start inside..

Another great looking Z car. Thanks for the pics. Is it red or orange? Let me know when you are thinking about getting it to the track.

• 1 month later...

While the car was apart for a few maintence items, I decided to make the front adjustable inserts adjustable without taking the car apart. I'm running arizona Z's big body inserts on the car. The rears are easy to adjust. The fronts require unbolting the two bolts that hold the steering knuckle to the spindle to get to the adjuster.

I used a wilwood brake bias adjuster modified to accept a set screw and a dab of JB weld. I think this will work well. For those worried about where the hole is drilled, it's surivived 2 years of track days so far. I initially tired rubber hose with a hose clamp to hold to on the adjuster nut. This worked loose after a few adjustments.

Pics

DSC000911.JPG

DSC00096.JPG

Mark,

Although I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, I've been told that both front Koni 8611 dampers can be adjusted in about half an hour. Knowing how Murphy's law normally applies when I need to get things done at the track, that easy to do, remove and replace a couple of bolts, could turn into a not so easy to do, pain in the a## deal. I like your idea and plan on stealing it! Thanks again.

I love that car!!!! What a beauty. I remember when you were just getting it sorted out, and in primer still. It is REALLY nice looking. It makes me wish I went with the IMCA body kit. I hope to get mine finished soon. I am finally working on it again, small parts right now.

I love that car!!!! What a beauty. I remember when you were just getting it sorted out, and in primer still. It is REALLY nice looking. It makes me wish I went with the IMCA body kit. I hope to get mine finished soon. I am finally working on it again, small parts right now.

Hey John,

It's been a long time. I hope you are doing well. We would love to see some pics of your progress.

Bain

• 2 weeks later...