HybridZ

Track Car Progress, PICS

mark

I'm in NC so it would be quite a drive. I'm watching that deal closel;y and I'll be up for a set or two if that ever pans out. I'm sure I'll be cracking some fiberglass once I'm out on the track.

Mark

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark, Is the car painted yet??? I don't see pics of the bodywork completed... Just wondering...

Also, that drysump has changed my motor plans... I'll likely scrap my current pan and go with a drysump on the 383 stroker. Fixes a couple of things... Does away with oil pan clearance and cleans up the underside of the car... Except for the headers hanging down to far...

Mike

the pump is mounted on the passenger side. It uses a modified AC bracket. The tank is mounted where the stock battery goes with some modifications.

The car is not painted yet. I'll run it for a while in primer. That way if I need to cut something or move something it will be easier. When I have it running well and everything like I want it, it will go for paint.

Finished plumbing all the H20 lines and the dry sump. Cranked a few times, oil pressure jumped, put gas in it and she runs. Dry sump works like its supposed to. Only one leak, my brand new water pump, go figure. The weekend is young. Maybe I'll get something else done.

I hear you on the work and sleep. Work kicks my butt sometimes. l

Let's see, I need to: 1) Change oil; 2)check over the valve gear; 3) Drop the diff and install new side seals; 4)Run the exhaust out the back instead of dumping at the diff like it does now; 5)Get a new set of tires mounted up.....I'll probably do good to get that done in the next 55 days.....

John

looking greate!

really like thoose flares' date=' how much bigger are they?

what engine will you be running? L28ET? RB26? chevy v8? ford v8?[/quote']

Engine is ls-1. Flairs are huge. I'll probably run 315's out back. The rear add about 10 inches to ecah side.

John,

this project has been one of "those" projects. One step foward two back. It's happened so many times, I just expect it. I'll get one thing done and then need to redo two others because I don't Like the way it looks or fits.

I'll be cutting out some of my metal work this week.

No side windows. No interior, no door guts, just seat and fiberglass dash. I'll eventually go with a rear hatch from John Coffey. Cage will not get installed until I get the seat. Should be in January. THanks for the kind words.