Track Car Progress, PICS

mark

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of more pics of my oil tank install. Had to recess the fire wall a bit but I think it turned out pretty nice. It was cold when I painted it. Nice runs but they will be covered.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=5293&cat=500&page=1

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=5294&cat=500&page=1

:lmao:

Stock parts? I just gave a guy a complete black interior and 8 door windows...two days ago. I kept the NINE column stalks just to be sure I got it nailed... :lmao: Who needs NINE anyway??? :roll: I'm such a packratt... :lmao:

Thanks for the offer though Mark. Doing anything with the Mongoose yet?

Mike

You know Mike after I typed that I thought, he probably thinks that's funny and has boxes of that stuff.

My efforts on the monguzz consist of putting a cover on it. When the track car is done, (that is a relative term) next on the list is a new bottom end for the yellow car an then the west coast orphan will get it's chance.

I'm not running any side glass on the car so no need for weather stripping. I got tired of looking at the mounting points for the weather stripping and even more tired of banging my head on the thin metal strip so, cut, bend weld repeat..................... I'll enclose the top of the door to match the rear side glass area.

showphoto.php?photo=5334&cat=500&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=5333&cat=500&page=1

• 3 years later...

A couple of more weekends and a dyno session and It'll be ready to get back on the track. I just looked back at my first post in this thread and had no Idea this had been going on for over 4 years. Time flies!

Thanks guys.

Looking good, Mark. The paint looks great.

If you fellows think it looks good, you should see it run. Take my word for it, that is a wicked fast ride. When he was running the car in primer, I got used to seeing a gray blob come around me and disappear into the horizon, hyperspace style.

Mark, let me know when you get ready to go to the track, I've got to check it out in person.

jt