HybridZ

(new shorter) RB motor mount rubber isolators

I searched trying to find our thread in the RB section dealing with the isolators we were using already, but had no luck.

So, this is what I have to add.... My hood ended up barely touching my compressor housings on one turbo, so I was left with the issue of having to lower the motor a tid bit.

I went to searching for new, shorter isolators, and found these; I bought them at Parts America, with the company name on them Pioneer Inc. part# 2265. Also interchanges with # M2265 and 270-2265.

I find them to be 1/4 to 3/8 shorter, which will solve my problem. But the biggest advantage to getting these isolators over the other ones I used, and that most everyone else has, is that these are a wopping**$3.97 ea.** vrs the **$76.00 ea.** I paid for the other set.

*** Big difference huh? $3.97 ea. vrs $76.00 ea. Not a hard choice to make.... ****

Here are the comparrison pics:

click on thunbnails

newshortmotormounts00027mv.th.jpg

newshortmotormounts00018uy.th.jpg

Joel, So it looks like you are getting close to fireing it up huh? Think you might be able to make it to SEZ? I sure would like to see that beast in person. I went to a Baton Rouge Z meet at Sams house and saw your old set up.. It sure looked nice as well!!. Great Find on the Motor mounts.. I will have to make sure Jon Taylor sees this post.. his Air filter is just touching his hood as well.

Take care man.

• 1 year later...
So, how do we get a hold of these mounts... they are live savers...

Bump!!!

I'm trying to find these on partsamerica.com and can't find them, even with the parts number you provided.

They keep asking me for a car model and year, what car does these came from???

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Any idea how much shorter these are?

Click on the two pics in post #1 and look at the difference.... I'd say its aprox 3/8". In my case, thats all I needed to clear my hood, but as stated, I ended up not using these shorter ones cause it caused my custom oil pan to touch the steering rack, and it was too late to mod the pan (already installed in car).