HybridZ

OK GUYS Z32 tranny on an L28 . . .

Garrett76Zt

The first run of 5 adaptors will be finished on the 28th. Unfortunately they are all accounted for. But i already told Mark over at Mazworx this and he is planning on having more made in the next run. Please PM me if anyone is seriously interested and I can explain all the details. I plan on doing a much more thorough write up with pics and all when i install mine in the car.

So far i have:

Myself

240hoke- Austin

280zForce- Justin

70z- Eric

Sparks280zt- Mat

These were all people that contacted me directly via phone or PM over the past few months. I'll have these guys confirm, right before i go pick them up. If someone cancels I'll post the availability here.

I should probably start another thread specifically for these adaptors. Once we get a few of these done and running around on the street, this will probably be something that is carried in stock and wont need a middle man anymore.

Garrett,

Not quite sure how that happened... I wasn't aware that you were keeping the names and I have been speaking directly to James about this and a number of other things... like the adapter for my VK motor for a long time.... I was actually one of the first and was supposed to bring my Z32 tranny to him so he could index it for the bolt pattern.

Hang on Mike... James told me to hold off bringing it to him because he was moving his shop and couldn't get to it right away. I think even you would recall that I was one of the first to call him... I was actually talking to him when you were at his shop once or twice! I "believe" if you look at my initial posts on this subject that I actually started the post because I have been thinking of doing this for a long time (another thread prior to this one).

Here's the post to jog your memory http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=97904

Ken

i just want to make sure that i have read this right (over and over again) that this should be able to match up a new 6 speed from a 350 on to my l28? if so, does anyone know if there is a sizeable difference between the old 5 speed and the new one to the point that i would have to do tunnel modifications. i am going to be replaceing the floors in a few weeks and adding sub frame connectors so now would be the time to do it.

thanks

jimbo

i just want to make sure that i have read this right (over and over again) that this should be able to match up a new 6 speed from a 350 on to my l28? if so' date=' does anyone know if there is a sizeable difference between the old 5 speed and the new one to the point that i would have to do tunnel modifications. i am going to be replaceing the floors in a few weeks and adding sub frame connectors so now would be the time to do it.

thanks

jimbo[/quote']

No its for the z32 (1990-1996 300zx) manual tranny onto l28

Hang on Mike... James told me to hold off bringing it to him because he was moving his shop and couldn't get to it right away. I think even you would recall that I was one of the first to call him... I was actually talking to him when you were at his shop once or twice! I "believe" if you look at my initial posts on this subject that I actually started the post because I have been thinking of doing this for a long time (another thread prior to this one).

Here's the post to jog your memory http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=97904

Ken

I honestly didnt know that you were still interested Ken. I do believe that Mark is making another run of these pretty soon. I know Mike was originally going to have a prototype made, then he sold his L stuff and i heard you were getting the prototype. Then the whole thing seemed to be dropped. I talked to Mark and he said no one had caughed up any money to get the ball rolling. Thats when I stepped in and drove up to Orlando and made a deposit on the first 3 adaptors and dropped off a couple bellhousings and whatnot. Believe me, I dont really want to be the middle man here. Mark just wanted me to help get the first 5 sold so that he could gauge the interest to warrant making more.

Ken - just ribbing ya man :wink:

You have had so much other stuff going on that I understand why you didn't get around to bringing your parts over (they've been in the new shop for 5 month now). I brought all the parts Mark needed (L series block, starter and L28 bellhousing) over to his shop before he moved. After I got away from the L28, Garrett didn't just talk about it, he picked up the ball and ran with it, making numerous trips from Sarasota to Orlando and actually got the adaptors made. He ponied up his time and money to do so. Kudos to you Garrett and Kudos to Mazworx for woking with us all to provide a much needed part to our tiny market.