HybridZ

Stolen Camper

johnc

My Lance camper was stolen sometime in the last 4 weeks from a storage yard in La Habra. Its a Lance 820 (9') for short bed HD trucks, serial number 147785 white with gold decals, Mother's and Classy Car stickers, Yakima roof rack, generator, AC, and a dent in the right front. Here's a picture:

Camper.jpg

Its long shot, but if you see it, call officer Tom Bees at LHPD (562) 905-9750 x1845. Thanks.

- John

The last time I used the camper was 4th of July and I put it back in the storage lot on 7/15. Went back last week to get my car trailer and the camper was missing. Insurance is a big question right now. Its specifically excluded from my Townhome policy (but was included in my Homeowner's policy when I bought the camper back in 2002) and because it wasn't on the truck, State Farm is saying it isn't covered under my auto policy. The agent said I needed an "Inland Marine" rider on my Townhome policy to cover the camper when it was dis-mounted. Like I'm supposed to know that...

Even if they had video security, its probably been rerecorded over there can only be so much storage.I have 2 cams at my business they eat up 80 gigs in a week.

Frank

Does vaseline come to mind? I think a good insurance agent is supposed to tell you what coverage you need and don't need. Might ought to have a check up on that. Or move to NM, we don't have insurance, don't need it, can't afford it cause nobody else here has it. MY workers comp insurance for 2005 was $37K, and I've never had a claim, go figure?

Good news, just got off the phone with my agent and it looks like insurance will cover the theft. I have to give him a bunch of credit because he really went to bat for me with the insurance company. I guess a camper is one of those things that regular insurance companies have little experience with it. My agent and myself had to spend a lot of time explaining to the claims people exactly what the camper was and how I used it. Ultimately they decided that:

1. I only used it when I put it on the truck and took it somewhere,

2. It had physical and electrical connections to the truck,

3. There were physical modifications to the truck to allow carrying the camper,

4. It was designed by the manufacturer to be carried by the truck,

5. I had just finished using it with the truck and was planning on using it again very soon...

...that it was covered under my auto insurance policy. But, I haven't got the money yet and in fact we haven't even discussed the dollar amount.

Low life creeps like to steal RV's to cook meth

I mentioned that to a friend of mine who's a San Bernardino County Sheriff and he said, "Yup, they cook in the RV and then drive around and make their sales." He said that I wouldn't want my camper found after it was used as a meth lab.