HybridZ

S13 or S14... any advantage for S14

Lewis Maudlin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Yup 260 Was The Highest I've Seen On A S13 T25 Turbo But It Was Very Ineffcient. The S15 Would Be Best Suited For 300whp When Supporting Mods Are Added To Take Up Some Of The Work Load.

The 6spd Has A Lower Final Gear Ratio Than The 5spd.... So Crusing Rpms Are Higher And Top Speed Is Lower With Thte 6spd.

The Best Sr Engine Is The S13redtop For The Good Flowing Head.... Which Helps Create More Power When Upgrading.... But Essentially All The Sr's Are Good.

Yup 260 Was The Highest I've Seen On A S13 T25 Turbo But It Was Very Ineffcient. The S15 Would Be Best Suited For 300whp When Supporting Mods Are Added To Take Up Some Of The Work Load.

OK, S13 or S15. The S15 initially has more power. Apparently it will sustain more horsepower? Is there any reason to buy an S13? The cost is initially cheaper, and its head flows better at 500hp. Any other reason? Anyone? Does the S15 have any advantages? More initial horsepower, better turbo. Anything else?

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

The Only Reason Why The S15 Has More Power Stock Is Because It Has A T28 Turbo Compaired To A T25 And It Runs 10psi Of Boost Compaired To 7psi.

The Only Other Differences Between The S15 And S13 Is The S15 Comes With Vvtc, Different Style Of Oil Squirters (suuposedly More Effcient), 480cc Injectors Over 370cc, Special Maf Capable Of ~350whp, Differnt (internal Ignitor) Coils, And 6spd On The R-spec.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

It Sounds Like You Are Trying To Justify A Purchase And You Really Want A S15.....

I Can Tell You Right Now..... If You Get A S15 Motor Assembly You Have To Modify The Transmission To Adapt A Speed Sensor Or Get The S15 Diff And Custom Build Half Shafts And Then Get A Abs Signal Convertor And Electric Speedo To Get A Speed Reading.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX
OK, S13 or S15. The S15 initially has more power. Apparently it will sustain more horsepower? Is there any reason to buy an S13? The cost is initially cheaper, and its head flows better at 500hp. Any other reason? Anyone? Does the S15 have any advantages? More initial horsepower, better turbo. Anything else?

I MEANT THE S15 TURBO WOULD BE BEST SUITED FOR 300WHP WITH SUPPORTING MODS NOT THE ENGINE. BOTH THE S13 AND S15 ENGINES WOULD BE GOOD AT 300WHP BUT ONE WILL INHERENTLY COST SIGNIFICANTLY MORE TO GET THERE THAN THE OTHER.

OK, I wasn't trying to be difficult. I am just new to the nissan 4 cylinders. I am just trying to build the best car I can on my budget. I just didn't know the differences. After input and research, I am going with an S13. I suppose if I can find a black top, I will get it since it will not be as old as the red top. Hopefully, it will have fewer miles. Does anyone know of a good source or are there any suppliers that can hook me up with a low mileage red or black top S13 for a good price shipped to 47401? Thanks.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Its Good That You Are Asking Questions And Doing Proper Research Before You Get Started.... There Was Many A Time I Wish I Had Done More Asking/research Before I Started A Swap.

The S13 Would Be The Easier Install With A Lower Initial Cost (which Means More Money To Put Towards Power). The S15 Is About Double The Cost Plus There Is Alot More Work Involved In Wiring, Speedo Installation, Etc. Good Luck In Whatever You Decide And If You Need Help Just Keep Asking... I'm Sure With The Collective Knowledge Here We Can Help You Figure It Out.

yea lewis, its $2000 for engine, tranny, ecu, harness, maf and ignitor and then $300 for the engine cradle mount. shipping i will find out tomorrow, would you need a liftgate at your place or do you have a business address with a forklift to take it off the freight truck?

I will have it go straight to my mechanic. I don't think he has a forklift though. A liftgate will probably be necessary. Thanks.

Oh, BTW, I asked questions about reliability of your engines and what steps you take to make sure that your engines are reliable. You did not answer those questions. Other companies do compression and leak down testing. Some do other things. I am just trying to make sure I get the best engine possible for my money. I would like to have a great swap. Thanks. Lewis.

well we do the usual compression and leakdown test, if you want we can do a stock rebuild on one of the motors for an extra $1000 would include new stock oem headgasket, new piston rings, new rod bearings and new main bearings and it would be basically a new engine again.