HybridZ

Exhaust Question

ProjectSR20

Hey everyone. Please take it easy one me. I am a newbie (well sort of). I've been browsing this site for about the last year just reading everything I could before i started posting. I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, I couldn't find anything using the all-powerful search button, but I am wondering what the best way to make an exhaust system work with an SR20 swap is.

Would it be better to custom fab the whole thing or say buy a system from MSA and have that modified to fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Ryan

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Speaking Of Exhaust.... Does Anyone Work With Titanium Or 304 Thinwall Stainless? I'd Like To Get My Exhaust Redone... The Original Exhaust Was Awesome But Has Rusted Out (original Home Was Long Beach) And Now Has Some Holes In It. I'd Like To Get Somthing A Little Lighter Than What's On There Now And A Different Muffler That Sounds Better (the Megan Racing On Is Good But Is Kinda Rasp On The High End) And Add A Resonator. Maybe Alex And Vildini Work With Titanium Or Thin Wall Stainless.... I Should Pm Them.

Speaking Of Exhaust.... Does Anyone Work With Titanium Or 304 Thinwall Stainless? I'd Like To Get My Exhaust Redone... The Original Exhaust Was Awesome But Has Rusted Out (original Home Was Long Beach) And Now Has Some Holes In It. I'd Like To Get Somthing A Little Lighter Than What's On There Now And A Different Muffler That Sounds Better (the Megan Racing On Is Good But Is Kinda Rasp On The High End) And Add A Resonator. Maybe Alex And Vildini Work With Titanium Or Thin Wall Stainless.... I Should Pm Them.

Are you sure the thinwall would be strong enough? I would be concerned about hitting a speed bump or something and grinding a hole right through it. What kind of muffler do you guys reccomend? I am looking for something with a deeper tone (I know its only a 4 banger) that won't sound like a tin can at high rpm's.

Does Anyone Work With Titanium Or 304 Thinwall Stainless? I'd Like To Get My Exhaust Redone.

Me. I've welded up a .049 wall stainless 321 exhaust for a customer's BMW. Titanium would be a Titanic waste of money for an incremental weight savings over stainless. Also, thin wall mild steel (.049) works well if painted.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

What Does 321 Run Now-a-days? Is 304 Suitable?

I Mean I Don't Expect A 5lbs Exhaust But I'd Like To Get A Exhaust Around 30lbs Or Less.... Current One Weighs 31lbs And Is Rusted Out.

321 .049 3"OD tubing is about $35 per foot retail.

304 .049 3"OD tubing is about $20 per foot retail.

Mild steel .049 3" OD tubing is about $8 per foot retail.

321 .049 3"OD manderl U bend on a 4"CLR are about $135 each retail.

304 .049 3"OD mandrel U bend on a 4"CLR are about $100 each retail.

Mild steel .049 3" OD mandrel U bend on a 4" CLR are about $35 each retail.