HybridZ

20 mm socket conspiracy theory

Guest greimann

Guest greimann

I have bought numerous Craftsman socket sets over the years, shallow, deep, 6 point, 12 point, and none of them include a 20mm socket! It goes 18, 19, 21, 22, 24 ... WTF? bonk.gif Not that I can remember ever needing a 20mm socket.... I am willing to bet that most of you don't have a 20mm socket either, go check, I'll wait.... :rolleyes:

See!

So is this goverment subterfuge or the result of some sort of dimensional cosmic alignment? Discuss!

Guest Anonymous

After World War 2, the victors in the free democratic world met in Geneva and passed a resolution forbidding the manufacture and importation of 20 mm tool devices.Classifed documents being released in the last few weeks positively indicate that Adolf Hitler had a 20 mm fixation concerning economic depression that ultimately led to full scale military engagements thruout the civilized world. I got this info reading AOL news stories in addition to Jenifer Lopez's bust size which is infinity due to recent medical scientific advancements. I used bondo to decrease the size of a 30mm to a 20 mm socket just in case one is needed on that military surplus German Panzer tank imported from Argentina. I will try to get some pictures up

Guest Anonymous

My Snap-on Deep well 1/2 sockets have a 20mm, so maybe some sets don't come with a 20? Its clean as hell and looks unused ;) , and most of the others show a lot of wear.

Maybe there are no 20mm bolts...thats the real conspiracy :cool:

On a side-note, I lost the 14mm out of this set for about 1 year or more :( ....then I was under the house last month messing with the heater/ac filter and found it pushed down in the dirt under there. Made my day smile.gif

Too bad I already bought a replacement 6 months earlier. I love my tools and when I misplace one I can't sleep rolleyesg.gif

Pretty sad, huh?

Cheers,

Tom

Japanese standard calls for boltheads and nuts in these sizes: 8,10,12,14,17,19,22,24,27,30,32 etc.

The Europeans: have pretty much the same sizes, but they use 13 instead of 12, and 15 instead of 14, but otherwise the same. The reason why some sets will come with the unusable sizes is because of warranty considerations, ie. you pay for a socket with warranty and you never use it. And it makes you feel good to know that you have all the sockets you will (n)ever need.

Thure

Guest polarity

I had a pretty nice craftsman set that my gf got me for my b-day.. i was outside (living at an apartment at the time) working on my car. walked inside to get some stuff.. came out.. tool set gone... it was like a 400+ something odd piece set.. *sigh* if I had ever found who took it.. I would not have a 20MM either.. or a rachet.. i would most likely have stuffed it up their.. ehhhh on a lighter note.. i like tools heh