big and nasty headwork

Silent

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

After reading this, especially about the different heads, my brain hurts, I'm in the army for a reason geese

Welcome to HybridZ. B) As you noticed, this forum isn't much for entry level Z owners but more of an advanced forum for those building or already experiencing high-performance Z cars on a whole new level. :2thumbs:

:burnout:

• 6 months later...

For "out of the box shopping" Kameari offers an upgraded head, an N42 I believe, featuring something called an "Argon" welded combustion chamber. This head also features 46/38 valves and various cam specs. I don't understand the techno lingo beacause they aren't given in degrees of duration and/or in. of lift like we do in the US.

The other question is what would the compression be?

I have recently run across several clips of Japanese Zeds making well in excess of 300hp and one such NA L6 boasting 409ps or about 403 hp!

Additionally they are doing 11sec runs on the strip; albeit some are using a dog box though.

Eji Hosimi, of Northern VA, has an Argon welded N42 on his 3.1 stroker and he has managed 12.4 1/4mi.

I wish I had the money.

• 5 months later...

For "out of the box shopping" Kameari offers an upgraded head, an N42 I believe, featuring something called an "Argon" welded combustion chamber. This head also features 46/38 valves and various cam specs. I don't understand the techno lingo beacause they aren't given in degrees of duration and/or in. of lift like we do in the US.

The other question is what would the compression be?

I have recently run across several clips of Japanese Zeds making well in excess of 300hp and one such NA L6 boasting 409ps or about 403 hp!

Additionally they are doing 11sec runs on the strip; albeit some are using a dog box though.

Eji Hosimi, of Northern VA, has an Argon welded N42 on his 3.1 stroker and he has managed 12.4 1/4mi.

I wish I had the money.

if im not mistaken the "argon" part is just an inert gas used while welding. as the welder combined the metals, an argon is released around the filler rod in order to prevent contaminants from getting mixed in the weld, reducing chance for corrosion.

Welcome to HybridZ. B) As you noticed, this forum isn't much for entry level Z owners but more of an advanced forum for those building or already experiencing high-performance Z cars on a whole new level. :2thumbs:

BRAAP are you still porting? If so i would like to send you an email.