HybridZ

Rock Armory 1911 .45 acp clones?

auxilary

The shop owner said it was filipino made, he said. Pricing was $370 or so, I forgot to ask if they were new or used, they looked almost new. He said they were very nice, good slide pull (i checked'em out), but he said the machining on some internals was a bit rough.

Anyone have any personal experience/thoughts?

976612385-1.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Battle Pope

Looks like a real nice piece of work there. Nice degree of "finish".

Personally, any handgun bigger than a .38 is pretty useless. So, if I buy one any bigger than a .38, I intend to go completely balls-out.

http://firearms.smith-wesson.com/store/index.php3?cat=293613&item=1207228&sw_activeTab=1

Practically useless outside of bear country? Yep. Do I care? Maybe a little. Is it friggin' awesome? Absolutely!

The one above is my ruger 10/22 i custom built, has all the bells and wistles!! I have a whole summer of wages just in that one. the pistol is my colt 45. fun to shoot. and then of course my Bushmaster shorty carbine AR-15. I put on the 6 position collapsible stock and forarm handle, Not to mention I may have tweeked some internal parts to make it shoot "alittle faster" !!!! LOL

Guest hartzpad

Sorry if this is a hijack. I've heard good things about the RRA 1911's good value.

Here are some of my guns, I obviously moved out of the People's Republic of Kalifornia years ago:

344%3A%3B%3C%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3A25%3D%3A49%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B37467794ot1lsi

344%3A%3B%3C%3A%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3A25%3D%3A49%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B37467798ot1lsi

Well, as an undercover agent for the ATF, I'm coming to get you! JK, I would be wary of posting pic's of that many of those type of weapons, some people would think your my FRIEND.

Super nice collections all, super nice work. The nice thing about the 1911 if it is truly a clone is the interchangeability of parts, so I wouldn't worry about it that much, especially for an everyday shooter type weapon. Anybody that shoots much, especially IPSC, knows how much more power and harder hitting the .45 is vs the 9mm.

Aren't those rugers really shooters!??? Mine isn't as fancy, but I insalled a Winchester 52 barrel with a match chamber and did some trigger work to make it really lightly crisp. Shoots one hole at 25 yards with gauged ammo. I've always wanted a "flat top" with a match barrel.

Sorry if this is a hijack. I've heard good things about the RRA 1911's good value.

Here are some of my guns' date=' I obviously moved out of the People's Republic of Kalifornia years ago:

[img']http://images.snapfish.com/344%3A%3B%3C%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3A25%3D%3A49%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B37467794ot1lsi[/img]

Yeap. Every one of those is illegal in California

here are mine:

newsks.jpg

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/

anything that is centerfire rifle' date=' has a pistol grip and more than 10 round detachable magazine = assault rifle[/quote']

Some individual rifles/guns have special restrictions... or so it seems, becuase the SKS cannot have a detachable mag (regardless of the ammo content). It has to use the 10 round strippers.

But I can walk in to Turners and buy a SOCOM 16 (drool). Go figure