HybridZ

Those crazy guys in Japan and drifting.....(video)

ratedZ

Floor it and pull the handbrake through a turn! :eek:

Seriously, do it somewhere safe. You could damage a lot. And your line is important, don't try to drift a 90 degree right turn from the rightmost lane. Approach from the leftmost lane, turn in, downshift/and or pull the p-brake, aim for the apex and countersteer out!

Some guys were trying this outside of our office building and only managed to spin :rolleyes:

Owen

Umm not to sound like a know it all.. but drifting does not require use of a handbrake. Handbrakes are for slowing down? why would you want to do that? hehe

I rarely try drifting on the streets..I save that for playing at the track.. which is really cool when you get the feel of it.. 4 wheel drifts coming out of turns.. that is how your supposed to corner! bonk.gif

What a rush of excitement to control the car and balance it at the limit of adhesion.

BTW I highly recommend it! That is probably the best part of being in a car club..Buying power to rent local race tracks for your own private amusement... the only downfall is..rollercoaster theme parks are severely boring after getting to do this kind of stuff.. I stopped going on rollercoasters, and I don't care if I ever get on one again..

No I'm not kidding. 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

handbrake is only for FWD cars. when you have RWD or AWD, all you gotta do is floor it and turn :D

My impulse is AWD, with primary power to the back, so let me tell ya, that thing friggin rocks through turns 2thumbs.gif

Havent had a chance to drive a Z yet, ya know no motor yet, but I cant wait to see what everyones been talking about ;)