HybridZ

ive been challenged!

fl327

oh man, as soon as i get the car back and rolling i have one bad ass race right as soon as i touch ground. our buddies shop across the bay wants to run me, his car 1970 chevelle with a hot 454 and a turbo 4 trans, stock gears and rallye rims...whatcha think? we'll see in a week, this ones gettin taped!

If you can put it down, he'll be playing catch up for the second half of the race. Also, don't be intimidated by the sight of "big cubes". I know of MANY 502's pushing, at most... on a good day, 400 hp (flywheel) puke.gif I've seen many big blocks get their ass's handed to them by Furd 302's and Turbo V-6 Buicks. Of course, I've also seen many +1000 hp Big Blocks clean house as well. hail.gif

Be careful, and safe. I don't want to turn on "Cops - Bay Area" and see a nice Hybrid Z being chased down by the police, got it? twak.gif

-Andy

Guest Anonymous

Power to weight baby! That chevelle has 1000 lbs on you, I wouldn't be worried to badly, of course if he has like a blower sticking out of the hood, then. Drill em on the lights, and he'll be watching the back of your car the whole way. Seriously as Andy said, don't let the 502 scare you, he needs it just to push that barge down the track (besides your juicing now anyway right?). Besides your the king of import racing, the domestic serial killa', go get em G.

Good luck and keep it safe,

Lone

i gotta put it on em, once i get my rear suspension back in the dang car, we gonna go for it. i took the CHROME bottle out for now, im making a cover for it that has other benefits as well, plus i have to redo the lines, man i had that thing rigged something scary!

next week, early early in the mornin we gonna do the quarter on 580 from a dead stop!!!

Guest zthang43

Hey if thats an LS6 in that chevelle (possible, being a '70) don't underestimate it. Sure you *might* be faster but a '70 LS6 Chevelle is one quick machine.

I can only wish I had a big block in mine. Mine is a '69, like in Scotties picture above, but it only has a 350.

Guest Tom Scala

I've seen 454 Chevelles recently (last 3 years)run anywhere from high 14's to low 11's with the 11 sec car looking mostly stock w/headers & no N2O. When asked he was a little vague about what exactly was done to it. My friends bone stock concourse quality restored 70 LS6 4 speed runs 13.20-.40 @ 107-108 on repro F70-15 polyglass GT's. Run em and see what happens.

I've got a 67' Chevelle that pulls 2.3 to 2.5 60-foot times on street tires and runs 104mph in the quarter. I could fine tune it a little better, change the converter and run slicks, but I'd still have a 3680 lbs car with the aero dynamics of a brick wall.

Don't get me wrong I love my Chevelle but, I didn't make the laws of physics nor do I know how to defy them, so that is why I'm putting a 406/TH 400 w/an R-200 in my 260Z.

Weight & Aero dynamics* - advantage z car

Power to weight ratio - advantage Z car

Hook Up - advantage** Z car

Winner - Z car

(Prediction voided by the following: blue bottle, blower, completed gutted car, liberal usage of fiberglass body panels, unduely high compression for the street(12.5:1 +), Fred Flinstone sized rear tires.

Also I cant stress this enough. You gotta check for stickers before you run em'. Pay special attention for windshiled stickers that say "Chevelle" or "Chevy" or "Heavy Chevy") coollook.gif

* (Aero dynamics are not an issue until 80+ mph, right??)

** (assumes fairly stock rear suspension, ie no 4-link)

Guest Anonymous

Leonard, beware... If I remember correctly you were hoping 13's for the car... ANY self respecting BBC in a chevelle SHOULD GO 13'S EASY!! My sbc 3600+ pound El went 12.87@109 on a slick... 13.10 at 111 on the street tire... sideways... My new 385 putting out roughly 480 should push me to a solid 12.30-12.20 at 113-116 with the 4.10's, slicks, and 4 speed T-10... Now I know that you will race him no matter what(that's why you're my favorite) but don't overcook your launch, do it the same way you would if you were running some stock Acura... the car only goes so fast, make it run that fast and let the horsepower Gods sort out the rest!!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!! Oh, by the way, I got an El Camino to race you with after the BBC encounter is over!!! flamedevil.gif

• 2 weeks later...