HybridZ

things you find out if you lay under your car long enough

fl327

hey guyz, just getting some stuff together so i can get my car back on the road, AND STAY ON THE ROAD

ive learned some strange things about my car working on it as i have been kinda feverishly the past week or so.

1. my mustache bar is the r200,m but its mounted in front of the rear lower crossmember like r180

2. all the rear bolts except the control arms break loose without power tools

3. arrestor strap, whats that?

4. the r200 can endure pure HELL and not look bad at all, i popped the rear cover off, gears look like day one and the oil smells bad, but was not black and had not one piece of metal in it!!!

5. now that ive dropped an r200 and pulled half shafts, i dont think ill ever be scared to rip em apart ever ever again...

two more days, back on the road again!!!

Pretty busy weekend here started in on my R200 swap. After cutting the exhaust, dropping the R180 out, burning out bushings I got the first REALLY good look of the underside of my car. I knew the floors had been replaced but after poking around I did manage to put a screwdriver through the passenger side floor just behind the rear seat bracket :mad: . This got me worried so I’m ordering up a needle scalar and scaling the bottom of the car where I suspect problems. The rust area is actually an area that had been repaired by the prior owner and was not sealed/welded well. I'm going to POR-15 it with some of their spot putty and the siler (metal content) POR-15.

I was able to salvage one of my spindle pins and put one lower control arm back together PITA if you don't camfer the edges. Tonight pulling strut cartridges/checking em out. I thought this job was going to be a total nightmare but it's not too bad now if I can just get it all back together (waiting on parts)

ds

The 240 parts car I just bought has an r200 in it as well, AND the mustache bar is in front of the uprights as well. I had figured they had shortened the driveshaft. Interesting. Wonder if there were 2 different bars? Seems likely, eh? My buddy I bought it from said he never had problems swapping driveshafts, but couldn't remember if he had swapped it in this car or not.