HybridZ

Ran a Supra TT the other nite

z ya

I was coming out of the grocery store and I see a

guy getting into a white TT supra . We both exit

the parking lot at the same time and would you know it we hit the same lite together! What sucks

is I was in my wifes 01 Stang GT and not the Z!

Oh well, We both didnt look at each other but we

knew it was on! As soon as the light goes green

we both get in it hard! I could not beleive it

that I pulled a car in him in first and held that

lead until the top of second gear. Then about mid

way in third gear he starts to walk me pretty hard

. We ran up to around 0 to 75 or so. I thoght he

would have been alot faster? All I know is that if

my Z was there I would have smoked him for sure!

Guest Anonymous

Isn't that why God created stoplights? Impropmtu street racing! Ilove it!!!Sooner or later you will get ahold of one of those in the Z!! I thought that they were faster than they are also... About 3 years ago I was leaving the Pleasanton fairgrounds after a car show and pulled up at a light with a new Supra TT with these two yuppie looking dudes driving it and he threw a rev at me... I was driving my 13.1 El Camino and I spanked him BAAAADDDD! He couldn't believe it! He was laughing and giggling before the race and afterward he had his tail between legs and would only slightly look over and when I asked him if he wanted to try again he gave me a sheepish look and politely said "No". Another over confident big spender gets his butt handed to them by a primered "Old Pile"... I love that **** ... flamedevil.gif

supras tts can be really fast, but they usually arent. they are among my favorite prey, along with nsxs, 300zxtts, rx7tts, mustang 5.ho's, ive had great fun with them all, because they make my ego happy.

Guest Fast Frog

HMMMmmm!

Watch out for those TT Supras on top end! I've been beat only once in my 25 yrs of street sorties and that was by a TT Supra on the top end.

We were both coming into the Grand Junction area on I-70 right after I had just installed my 383 6 yrs ago. I saw him on my "six" and gunned it! I was able to keep ahead of him until I "ran out of cam"(had a short duration hyd non-roller cam that started to poop out at 4500)at about 145mph, then he blew by me like I was standing still! :eek: We did this twice before I backed off and signaled defeat. A short time later I changed to a Hyd roller cam and better heads, and later that summer added the Paxton SC. But the damage was done, and of course, he was never back in the area again cuss.gif I just might have had enough fire power to beat him! flamedevil.gif

Hrm, took my TT to th etrack not long ago. 12.9@118 with a 2.3 60foot. Do the math :D Mods consist of an air filter, exhaustDP, and a hose pulled to bump boost. Off the line it's a low compression 3liter straight 6. 1st gear won't get tooo much boost - rev limiter is often hit, 2nd gets okay boost but goes by so fast it's not funny, 3rd is a nice long pull and the nose lifts high when the power comes on. hail.gif 4th and 5th pull as hard as third and downshifting from 6th into 5th is a real blast on the highway. Be careful, I'd bet that up until now you've only raced stock Supra - when you find a single turbo car you'll be REAL surprised on the highway. These cars put down 450RWHP easily and 600HP isn't all that hard to do. Weighs a ton though...

Guest JAMIE T

I've dogged two TT Supras, and a TT RX7 on the street in my Mustang. All "true player" types. The RX7 had been tuned by Peter Farrell Supercars. The Supras were both G-Money, pops cash. BUT, I know of one Supra(modified with one turbo) in my city that has layed down 619HP at the wheels at my friends shop on the Dynojet. I can tell you one thing, that car get sideways in 5th gear. It will take everything my 500RWHP Zcar will have to run him down(but then theres the two stage Fogger/Plate NOS, for easy Supra killing)

Peter's work seems to be hit or miss. I've got a TON of his parts on my RX7 but stock boost w/some spiking. Car weighs alot less than the Supra and hangs with stock C5s on the highway to 130mph. The Supra would eat it alive once it got rolling. :D Power to weight is a big deal - Supras weigh as much as 3700lbs w/driver :eek: On the highway they really move out though. Top end is NOT where you want to mess with a Supra.

There's at least one single Supra real near me. Dunno' his dyno numbers yet but 500RWHP is a cakewalk and 600RWHP is actually somewhat common at the wheels when you're talking single turbos. Go over to Supraforums and hit the Dyno section. Lots of guys post dyno sheets and the numbers are pretty sick. :eek: Unfortunatly power comes on around 4K and up so off the line can be a bit tricky. My clutch being a lightswitch doesn't help my cause. So far nothing has challenged me on the road but a little Honda, hopefully that will change soon as I'll be driving the car much more often to work here soon. Need to get the tags first, emissions is giving me problems :rolleyes:

Not sure how the Supra would fare against my Z. I'm down on power with the secondaries probably being an issue. But it's much lighter smile.gif I'm also considering a bottle - cheap power! Delta in measured power between the Supra and Z is only 90RWHP so the Z should take it - until I start modding the Supra. rockon.gif