HybridZ

starting to finnish the interior!

sir_daniel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the car is coming together very nicely...looks like you are nearly finished with the work. I think you'll have one of the nicest Z cars in Sweden! You do some really good custom work. Is this your only Z project or will you get another one?

Davy

thanks!

i think that my next nissan/datsun project will be a nissan skyline R33 rb25det 4-door :D

hopefully will i have the money after the summer so i can do some work during the winter...

but for now i am pleased with my datsun.

i might have got a new sponsor on the car, will discuss the details with the sponsor this week. the sponsorship is about audio stuff: new speakers, amps, wirening and if i want a new subwoofer (but then i have to modify my subwoofer box)

more details when the deal is finnished.

time for a new update.

i have to present my new sponsor ncorelogo.gif (http://www.n-core.se)

they are a audioretailer, that has among many brands Phoenix Gold.

this is what they will sponsor me with, and wirening.

front speakers

RSD6.5CS

RSd6.5cs.jpg

Amps

OctaneR8.0:1 samt OctaneR5.0:4

octanemonoamp_large.jpg

the will later on (when i got the time to continue modding the interor) give me 4" coax and a new 15" sub or 2 15" subs.

got the new speakers and amps yesterday, today i will install them. i will most likely rebuild the boot floor to make a nicer installation for the new aps.

the coverplate on the amps (the metall plates) will most likely be replaces with material (don't know the english word for it)

stodplatta.jpg

someone that knows the english work and can tell me that?

anyway i will cut this in the same shape a the original plate and paint in in the cars colour, then will i sand the top of it so the highest spots get back to being metall finnish. think that might look nice.

pictures will come during the day.

the coverplate on the amps (the metall plates) will most likely be replaces with material (don't know the english word for it)

stodplatta.jpg

someone that knows the english work and can tell me that?

It looks like "diamond plate" to me although I have not seen that pattern before. Aluminum, yes? It will look good :2thumbs:

Kiss your sponsor.

Davy

was at my first carshow today... it was a styling company here in sweden that was the host.

they also sold defect products and products that didn't have room in their storage.

so i found a carbonfiber spoiler that the clearcoat was scratched on and was cracked at some spots... no problem i thought and bought it at a quite nice price.

i will just sand it down and put some new clearcoat on it and it will be as good as new =)

perhaps i even paint it partly in the cars colour and perhaps make a Z in the end of the spoiler, could be nice.

so to the pictures.

kolfibervingen.jpg

kolfibervingen1.jpg

kolfibervingen2.jpg

a picture taken on the show, unfortenually so was it very dusty there hence we was parked on a grawel covered parkingplace outside Realcar.se.

the exterior and interor got wery dirty even though i walshed and cleaned and pollished the car when i arrived there before the public was allowed in.

the wirening to the subwoofer is just temporary and it will be fixes with new wires and how it is placed.

quite cool with the 15" audiobahn subwoofer, attracts quite alot of attension =)

BASEN.jpg

Great--thanks for posting the picture updates!

I have a set of the same taillights, but I wasn't sure just how to disassemble them. It's almost like the lenses are part of the outer assembly even though they are not. Since they are somewhat exclusive, I have fears about breaking them or cracking the lenses so I'm thinking of leaving them as they are and trying graft them into the Z's rear taillight panel. Eh, we'll see.

Great work on the car so far :2thumbs:

Davy

DavyZ it wasn't that hard, i used an electrical saw taht cut away the repeaters and backlinglight then had to cut som other plastic parts away to make it fit the original lightcover.

hope this will be a nice change in the rear part of the car.

more pictures and text will come when i have done something with them.

a few days since the last update, haven't had that much time doing anything on the car hence my work takes quite some time.... and that i have bought my selves a honda civic hatchback -92 that i have started to look nicer...

back to my datsun.

i got the gauges that i wanted to change the colour on today.

to fit the theme with the car i changed the colour to green =)

there will be 4 of thoose in the car.

volt, oilpreassure, oiltemp and watertemp.

the volt meter will go where the horn button is in my aftermarket steeringwheel :P

1merisr.jpg

1frdigt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

notices foru things on the trunk today....

WTF!!!!

P1010504.jpg

then i realised that i yesterday drilled holes for the carbonfiber spoiler, the brackets are painted and will be mounted tomorrow (i think)

another thing that happened in the coupe.

P1010503.jpg

a new hatch where the indash screen will be, it will be covered in the same beige leather as the rest of the interior.

i have got quite some things to do before the weekend, this weekend the car will be at an event hece The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift has premiere here in Sweden. there will be several heavely modefied cars and also mine :D

the car will be there on friday morning, and on thursday afternoon the dekore will be made... so there are quite a lot to do....