HybridZ

wich is cheaper, if it even works?

Eric

i already read thro the RB section and didn't find this. if the rb20 and 25 blocks are the same, could i buy a 20 and just put 25 forged internals in it? since the 20 is much cheaper than the 25, i was thinkin this might save $$, and make same power as the 25 with the forged bottom end. just a thought tho.

No expert here, but the 25 has stronger internals, and the Tranny can handle the power. The 20 would need to be bored out, then new pistons, rods, and crank. That will bring over what the 25 is to begin with, and you still need the tranny out of the 25, since the 20's tranny just won't hold up. But like I said at the start I'm no expert, so this is what I've gathered reading through all of the post so far, and some of my own experience Hot Rodding cars.

No offense to anyone running the rb20 but it is a POS compared to the rb25 and rb26. The amount of money in machineing to get 25 piston into a 20( if its even possible) block would off set the cost of just getting a 25.

I believe the biggest you can go on a rb20 is 2.2-2.3.

You really cant go into a rb swap on a really tight budget. most RB swaps have the ultimate goal of HP that is generally higher and more expensive to achieve in the L series motors. yea you can get 600 Out of an L motor but not as easy as an rb26.

If your gonna do the swap go with a rb26..... rb25 would be the minimum i would recommend. Otherwise i view it as a waste of time.

...Or if you want power potential! I'm not going to run (initially) more than 500hp out of my 26. I chose the 26 because if I WANT to go higher... I CAN.

personally im going 30.

heh heh... got a RB30 short block on the way and I'm sourcing another 26 head. Mwuahahahaha.