HybridZ

My 240Z VK56DE Project

kj280z

whoa... is the starter under the intake manifold?? going by the pictures on your site that's the way it looks if so, i'd hope those things would never go out. :lol:

(after looking at more of the page it does appear the starter is there but you mentioned you'll probably be leaving that off. if you use the TTZ tranny you can just use the TTZ starter (actually you'll most likely have to use it))

that's going to be one badass car when its done. i couldn't imagine one of those with boost. :D

Yes that's the location of the starter, but really it's not too bad, even with all the OEM stuff on it, I had the intake removed in 20 minutes.

I'm making a custom intake manifold for it and also a custom transmission adapter, so there's a possibility that I may relocate the starter if it is feasible.

• 3 weeks later...

great info on your site... i am all for this b/c i too plan on using a vk56 to base an engine build on. i think it should be fairly easy to pick up some serious hp out of this engine. keep up the good work.

let me know how the manifold fabbing goes. i am trying to figure out one myself.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it out of a Armada that was rolled after 150 miles! it's brand new! I paid $3000

I have since stripped the motor of all the stuff that will not be needed for the project (power steering, wiring harness, manifolds (making custom stuff), and lot's more...). I wonder what they'll bring on ebay? We'll see soon.

My guestimate is that I should be able to get $500 - $700 for the extras which will be nice to reduce the cost of the motor. There is a LOT of extra stuff that came with it.

Ken:

Just curious. Did you consider the 5 spd auto tranny from the Armada? My Titan shifts just about as smoothly and always seems to be in the correct gear.

What's the breaking point for the TT 5 spd? Will it stand up to the added torque of the V8 w/supercharger?

I'm watching your swap with a lot of interest. This is pretty high up on my list of wishes....

Bryan

Dat240zg

• 3 weeks later...