HybridZ

Over 300hp per litre from RB30DET in Aussie

S15 200sx owner

Every time I try to get to Nizpro's website it can't be found. Do you have a direct link? I didn't think they were offering the girdle anymore... am I wrong?

nizprogirdle0kk.jpg

It doesn't look overly difficult to design/fabricate... I'm sure that measurements could be taken from the stock girdle and a new piece could be machined (Assuming Nizpro no longer offers them)... it would just be costly. I wonder what type of steel they used...

That GTR700 is awesome... I've got some dyno vids of that beast saved to my computer. That was the one that bucked the dyno during one of its runs. The RB30 twin cam is kinda the bastard child motor of the skyline world (atleast... when coupled with the RB26DETT head). There are many who don't understand the logic behind taking a naturally aspirated 'taxi-engine' block and coupling it with the RB26DETT head... especially when the 26 block is extremely capable.

I think the attraction to the 30/26 is it's cost effectiveness. It's torquey and quite capable of handling (easily) 500-600 hp. RB30e bottom ends can be bought (atleast in Australia) for about $200. Some crank prep, rods, and pistons can net you a 3 litre motor without costing a small fortune. You sacrifice some rpms off the top, but you get more torque and (it is reported) a wider/flatter power band.

There are plenty of ways to increase the 26's displacement, but they are extremely expensive... anywhere from $7,000 to $15,000.

the problem isnt in the shipping, its in the crazy tax.

as soon as I get some other things in line I need to find someone who can ship it..

im gussing about $200USD for the bottom end. then $500USD for shipping and import tax.

then i dont even want to use the stock rotating assembly... just the block and crank.. so Ill have some extra parts lol.

I was planning to wait a bit longer, but this seems to be as good a time as any. I currently have six RB30 bottom ends sitting in Australia waiting to come up. I have been working on this for a while and it is just now coming together. I am finishing up the logistics and hope to have them here in the next 6 weeks or so. I have even purchased 6 of the correct timing belt for the twin cam head swap. The belts will be included with each of the bottom ends. I will let you guys know how things progress.

Brian