HybridZ

Wangan Midnight

DevilZeto

Guest JAMIE T

Do a search on this site for Wangan Midnight, or Wangan Midnite. You will find plenty of info... Including who you can buy the real life action movies. That's right, it was a series. Not the animated stuff

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dorifto

This is just too good for me to not post in ... :D

I'm the new owner of WanganMidnight.com - there's some info [not much as of yet] on the live action movie, and even a link to download an untranslated VHS rip of the movie as well. Feel free to drop in and check it out. In the near future, I plan on adding a page and/or subforum packed with info about WM.

-Dave-O

This is just too good for me to not post in ... :D

I'm the new owner of WanganMidnight.com - there's some info [not much as of yet] on the live action movie' date=' and even a link to download an untranslated VHS rip of the movie as well. Feel free to drop in and check it out. In the near future, I plan on adding a page and/or subforum packed with info about WM.

-Dave-O[/quote']

Willing to share the info? The download link you posted does not work. I'm willing to host anything you can give me!!

Guest Dorifto

Odd ... it should be a sticky in the forums.

Ok, I see what's happened. The link on my forums expired. I'm reloading it to SendSpace as we speak.

From what I've found, these are the specs of the Devil Z:

Engine-

P90A head, F54 block, both sourced from an '83 Turbo 280ZX

Triple Mikuni side-draft carburetors, 47mm bore [?]

Twin Garrett T3/T04 hybrid turbochargers

HKS SuperSequential Blow Off Valve

Custom fabricated intake plenum, 47mm velocity stacks

Custom grind camshaft, 290* duration [?], .510 lift [?]

Forged internals, ceramic coated forged dished pistons [7.4:1 CR]

Claimed 620BHP@6000, TQ unknown

Trans-

Nissan/Borg Warner T5 5-speed, non-"World Class"

Twin-plate Ogura [?] clutch

Diff-

R200 VLSD sourced from '87 300ZX Turbo Special Edition

Suspension/Body-

SSS [speed Shop Shinohara] coilovers, custom valving

Custom sway bars [sSS?]

SSS custom 8-point cage

Takata 5-point harnesses

Bride racing buckets

Brakes-

R32 4-piston front calipers, cross-drilled/slotted 11.5" rotors [F], cross-drilled/slotted 11.5" rotors, calipers unknown

That's all I know, and have found. To the best of my knowledge, the above information is correct, but if something is amiss, please let me know.

Everything with a [?] next to it, I'm unsure of, or have been told by a sketchy resource.

Guest JAMIE T

Dorifto, I just tried to load it and it said could not connect with the server or something to that effect. I actually have a bunch of them on VHS. I got them from a member of this forum.

Dorifto Dave 0

Thanks for hosting wangan midnight. I downloaded the MAng PDF and have really enjoyed it. Wish I could read Japanese. I just appreciate the artwork and imagine a storyline based on it.

I tried to download the video but only got 87k thatwould not play. If anyone has any version of this digitized on the web let us know.

Thanks

Dorifto Dave 0

Thanks for hosting wangan midnight. I downloaded the MAng PDF and have really enjoyed it. Wish I could read Japanese. I just appreciate the artwork and imagine a storyline based on it.

I tried to download the video but only got 87k thatwould not play. If anyone has any version of this digitized on the web let us know.

Thanks

Ya willing to share the pdf? Can you at least post a link to it please?

I got 138Mb of it, what playere are you guys using to play it?

It is an .avi file, and Media Player or QT doesn't seem to be able to play it.

AAAAARGH! What gives, I wasnt to watch without VHS snow!

Do I have to rip this to a DVD or CD and then play it in my DVD? Whatever, someone let me know where the codec is listed so I can see what came down thusfar!

Guest Dorifto

Hmm, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I'll see if I can do some sort of FTP thing for you guys, and just leave my computer on, so you can DL it from me directly.

Ive gotten up to 210mb downloaded before something stops it. Tried twice now.

I am just trying to find what I need to have to play it when I finally get it complete. I thought the download would pick up where it left off, but NOOOOOooo! First time 138mb, second time 210 mb, hell, that would be 54% complete if it was consecutive....

BAH, maybe third time's a charm when I log in tonight around 1AM... I want this file....