HybridZ

why dopeople in z32 tt'2 think they are god?

scottyMIz

why do they thik they are so fast?I went to the z show and everyone with a z32 just thought they where the gods of zcars. :mad: I rode in a tt just to see how fast they where and it was quick but i could have beat it with my car, he claimed it would hit low 12's although he only ran a mid 14 at 104mph and has never got it into the 12's :confused: Then i took a friend for a ride in my z cuz he wanted a ride and when i take off the first time everytime my car smokes cuz it runs so ruch.When i can back she was really running rich and she spooled up right infront of all those guys and left a patch in second about 15 feet long posi all the way :D I asked my friends if the tt guys said anything and they said that the su's in the first gen z's are hard to tune that's why my car smoked so bad puke.gif I hate ignorant people but it makes me even madder when it's a z owner that thinks he the god of all zs.OK ok ranting done the z meet was nice more z32's showed this year and there was alot of first gen zs i was the only hydrid z owner there so everyone liked my car but i didn't win anything cry2.gif Oh well the guy who won was a very nice guy i met last year with a g nose z and it was very nice and clean.The new z was there and i got to sit in it and rev it up(sounds nice) it has alot of options and is VERY nice inside.I was haveing probs with boost on my car it will change from 18 to 15 to 12 to 8 it just never stays the same and i don't know why :confused: I'll have to ask in the turbo section about that one but it was fun to see all the zs in one place and everyone talking to each other(the first gen ppl)

To answer your question, the Z32 folks paid LOTS more money than you or I, so for them to feel good about it, it must be __________ than a first/second generation Z. (Pick two: faster, quicker, higher quality, more comfortable, better looking, cheaper to repair, economical, better handling).

b_hand.gif

Originally posted by johnc:

Maybe because the Z32 TT is a really nice car? Don't worry about their attitudes, just beat 'em on the track.

That is absolutely true. And the Z32 folks I know for the most part have good attitudes (although some rival their MKIV Supra counterparts tongue.gif )

Originally posted by scottyMiz:

hey sleeper you might know why would my car loose and gain boost psi?I blew a small chunk of my exhaust gasket out could that be why?The bolts vibrated loose and it leaked and blew a section out.

I would say that could have something to do about it. When you drive a turbine with your exhaust, you will develop some high backpressure, especially with your turbo ;)

thanks sleeper and i do think the z32's are very nice cars but not "all that" i mean come on if it wheren't for our cars theirs wouldn't be around right now.It took every stage of them to evolve as far as they have.I totally respect 240's cuz if it wheren't for them my car wouldn't be here.They seem to think if they are old they suck and it just makes me mad.I mean no disrespect to those who have z32's and are nice and intelligent people but for those who think they are god they can get a real life.

Scotty, (yes, I'm still alive)

Don't forget that these Z32 people have a lot more going against them in this city, than anywhere else. Anyone remember the 80's? There might have well been a city ordinance in Flint, Michigan (the city that Buick built, busted, then abandoned) to ban all foreign vehicles from the streets. Remember, Detroit is only 100 miles away. A lot of the same attitude carried over into the city.

Fortunately for us, the first gen Z's are just now being recognized as a classic car and not so much as "jap crap" anymore. I don't think the Z32 guys are getting the same "love" and are still dealing with a lot of old-school ignorance carried over from the late 70's early 80's. However, that's there problem they need to deal with... not ours.

I can totally relate with what you are feeling. I've gone to a few of those meetings before and there were two distinct "cliques" there. Old scholars, and new - scholars. I won't say all, but a lot of the new scholars didn't really care too much for the first gens and I actually overheard one of them say: "Next time, let's just make it 90+ models." I made sure I spanked that guy pretty badly on the freeway later on in the day :D

Honestly, I'm not one to go out and organize something like this. It's all done by the Z32 guys. If they decide to invite first gen Z's, great... I'll see you there. Otherwise, I hope everyone that attends has a good time and let me know how it turns out.

Oh yeah, and as for their relevance of what is fast. I totally agree with you. I think the owner of the G-nose (green?) told me a few years back to be careful playing with those Honduhs up the road. A few of them run in the 15's!!! :eek:

malebitchslap.gif

-Andy

P.S. Looks like we might just be able to get this on come Labor Day!!! rockon.gif

Hey andy you are alive :D Ya that guy with the green g nose is a nice guy but he needs hybrid power ;) Hopefully we can get the race all set i wanna run em again.This weekend i'm gonna be at the track again i still need a good ic mine sucks.Let me know when you can run