HybridZ

1971 Datsun 240z resto.project [vids/pics]

mull

Guest 73Turbo240z

lol this is great, i like your editing... makes me wish i'd done more video than still photos of my 73.

also though, don't feel too bad, you've got alot of rust, thats apparent... i just recently started finding weld lines under the bodys undercoating, i suspect my "Z" may actually be sections of 3 Z's... :eek3:

and any "chassis alignment" that would hace occured to do such a thing, would have to have been done in the late 70's.... :bigeek3:

keep up the great work!

also, some of the board is a little finnicky about certain videos, but i'd like to see some of the racing ones, shoot me a PM, can swap some links, i'd like to see what you've got!

Also, thanks everyone for all the positive feedback.

I'm overwhelmed!! Thanks once again, your comments mean

alot to me and everyone that's involved with the project =))

The videos were hilarious' date=' are you a film major? [/img']

If you need parts, just ask! Awesome work, by far some of the best work ive ever seen in my life. Oh, and the 2 finger thing, LMAO!

LOL :D Thanks alot =) No, I'm not a film major - however, I love filming and

do it for a living nowadays. Work for a motorsport magazine - surprise surprise :)

Hey phillip!! It's austin hoke with the blue 240z, weve talked over email a couple times and you helped me out with a place for those pics :) ! Nice to see you on hybrid. Looks like your project has been coming along nicely. Cant wait to see the finished product. People told me I started with a worthless car when they saw mine i cant imagine what they would tell you!!! Thats some crazy rust work, much repsect for what you have done.

Guest Z Draci

I just finished watching your videos and looking through the pictures. I really admire the work you are putting into the car!

Most people would look at that kind of rust and scrap the car. In Sweden, I guess there isn't much choice but to push forward. I'm really looking forward to your custom composite parts!

Hey phillip!! It's austin hoke with the blue 240z, weve talked over email a couple times and you helped me out with a place for those pics :) ! Nice to see you on hybrid. Looks like your project has been coming along nicely. Cant wait to see the finished product. People told me I started with a worthless car when they saw mine i cant imagine what they would tell you!!! Thats some crazy rust work, much repsect for what you have done.

Hi Austin! I've been sneeking a peek in the galleries from time to time, checking

out the progress you've made. Good to see it's nearly finished now - big thumbs up!

If you started out with a worthless car - I started out with a... Uh, even

more Worse(worth)less car :)

I just finished watching your videos and looking through the pictures. I really admire the work you are putting into the car!

Most people would look at that kind of rust and scrap the car. In Sweden' date=' I guess there isn't much choice but to push forward. I'm really looking forward to your custom composite parts![/quote']

Thanks! =)

The Z's are pretty rare over here, so didn't have much choice other than to

make the best from what I had. I bond pretty easily to things, and this little

bugger had me from day one - so I moved on from there...

I am doing some restoring with my Z (260) and I am enjoying watching these videos... KEEP THEM COMING. It would be incredibly awesome if you had videos of the project from start to finish.

Thanks for the vids :)

The vids will keep on coming' date=' that's for sure... Thanks :)

WoW!!

I love the video's!!

I can't believe you have the patience!! You rock man!

Yeah well, you know what they say: Patience is a virtue... HAH! It's a necessity! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Short, really short update :)

New videos are on their way. Engine detail is starting its own branch of

the video section, apart from the rust fixing. Here's a ugly screen cap

of the N1 block getting a 0.4mm bore (followed by a 0.1mm honing).

itsablock9ej.jpg

Looks like a crappy hobby garage - it's not. This company's been restoring engines for over 50 years...

Going away for a couple of days now. Hopefully returning with a bunch

of miniDV-cassettes featuring the new frame rails, subframe & mouting

the fuel cell...

Guest 87GLHS232

Wow. I'm almost speechless. I signed up here just to reply to this. I DO love Z's...in fact when I bought my current love (1987 Shelby GLHS) I had narrowed my search to 3 cars...one of them a yellow 240. Maybe next restoration will be a Z.

But...truely inspirational. Your filmography and editing is great. The work on the car is fabulous. I'm blown away. Guess I'll have to have a friend follow me and the Shelby around with my mini DV.

I'm certainly bookmarking this and following it.