HybridZ

Cauality of too low (LS1)

Well on my way to work this morning via Hwy 4 (two lane hwy with bumper to bumper traffic) Next thing I know there is an electric motor or maybe it was a power steering unit right in the middle of my lane all I could do was straddle it !!! Well that didn't work lol. Long story short $340.00 dollar later . All fixed

PC190005_thumb.JPG

Nice about John's Cars kit and the Z, is the amount of room. I've had my pan off with out raising the motor. I've pretty much have taken the whole front off as well as heads and headers, with the block still bolted in. And lets not forget I've switched out the trans 3 times!!! For a HYBRID, not bad to work on at all!

JOEY

Yea taking the pan off wasn't too bad ,front two bolts were alittle tight but not bad. The pan I got from the local GM dealer was 270.00 or so and was a snap to put in. It had the gasket. all the extras and even new bolts.

Joey I had a skid plate but I didn't like the way it turned out. But I'm thinking of redesigning one.

PS I am picking up my hood today. I finally got my friend to paint it and shoot the flames on it. So no more getto primered hood lol

Have you swapped out the trans with the motor in the car?

After getting mine together and driving it I have the issue with the aluminum 3-4 shift fork, it's popping out of gear.

I have to pull the trans and rebuild it but it doesn't look like I'd have the room to get just the trans out, I was thinking I needed to pull the whole thing.

STEVEJ!!

I too had a shift fork problem. Couldn't get car into second. The trans comes out very easly, W/O removing the motor!!! The biggest pain in the *** for me was my exhaust, It is all one piece!!! I didn't even have to remove the center console. After the trans crossmember is out, lower it down a bit and remove the 2 bolts for the shifter.

JOEY