HybridZ

X-Mas came a little late, Better late than never.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

I now am the prowd owner of a fiberglass hood with the SS cowl and a new clutch for my Rb25det. It might just be overkill but well you know sometimes I go a bit too far.

Here is the hood, came from Robert on this site.Well this is a pic I stole from some nice person here, I have not had time to snap one of it yet. Nice just need to polish up the edges then it will be ready to bolt on to start bodywork and paint.

My_Hood.jpg

And the clutch, Who says with a 500rwhp car you don't need a clutch that can handle 1000hp..MMuuuahhhhaaaaa!!

new_clutch_1.JPG

new_clutch_2.JPG

new_clutch_3.JPG

Oh well just was excited and wanted to share. Everyone have a safe New Years.

Jeff

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Thanks, yes I do need to come take a look. I think we need to both take a few weeks off from work and just do all this stuff that needs to be done. HahHA. I would also like to buy those metal headlight buckets off of you as well. I was thinking of doing a little running around late on Saturday if you are going to be around.

Shoot me your number again in a PM. I'll call you when I head out.

Anything I can do/help you with as well. Just say the word..

Jeff

Guest Aguyandaredhead

No problem Robert, I guess it is a good thing I am an honest person. They left it on my front porch from 11am to when I got home at 5.

Wolf, I'm sorry to hear of your chance to re-gift. J/K If you must know I bought them for myself but I let my wife think she got the hood for me for X-mas. Ha Ha same acct.

She's the worlds greates z-lover wife.

Jeff

Guest Aguyandaredhead

RIPS Intake, Little bottom end work, Haltech E11v2, HKS top feed Inj rail with larger inj, Full race 321 Stainless turbo Manifold, Garrett GT35R T04 seems like i am forgetting a few tricks but you get the idea.

Anyway if I can ever get paint on this Rustfree car (yea right) I feel like I have rebuilt the entire pass side from front to back. I am getting close. Looks like a trip to the media blasters and then to the garage for body work and then the paint booth.

Thanks for the kind words, I hope to never have to build another Z the last one i sold I regret every day. This one I hope will be with me till the end so I am trying not to get in a rush and do it once and right the first time. Maybe if I junk this bottom end then I will go RB30det.

Jeff

Sounds killer. Where are you getting the header from and how much do they go for? I wanted to start a thread asking what the difference in power would be with the stock exhaust manifold since headers are so expensive. For instance an l28et gets choked at about 400hp. Where is the restriction with the rb25? I know you could use that same turbo with a stock manifold but how much power would you be losing?

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Not sure where that point would be, I am sure there are a lot of places where I am doing something I don't need but I just want to cover all the bases..

Here is a link to the place that is making the header. I talked to them at SEMA and they seem to be a great bunch of guys. They don't show a RB one on the website yet but it is the same price as the Supra Manifold.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=495

And a pic pf the Toyota one. It will be very similar.

supra_2_full_race.jpg

You get the idea, They are way too expensive though. However it will never crack and if it does it has a lifetime warr.

Jeff

Guest Aguyandaredhead

I hope.... I think I paid a fair price for it.

Hey how about updating your pics in your project journal, It kinda keeps me motivated..J/K

Jeff

Not sure where that point would be' date=' I am sure there are a lot of places where I am doing something I don't need but I just want to cover all the bases..

Here is a link to the place that is making the header. I talked to them at SEMA and they seem to be a great bunch of guys. They don't show a RB one on the website yet but it is the same price as the Supra Manifold.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=495

And a pic pf the Toyota one. It will be very similar.

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/supra_2_full_race.jpg[/img]

You get the idea, They are way too expensive though. However it will never crack and if it does it has a lifetime warr.

Jeff

Nice goodies there Jeff ! Good Lord........that race header is made w/40 schedule weld el's and will weigh in at 75+ pounds !! You'll need an extra 100 hp just to carry that lump...lol.Engine hoist to install it....and 5 hours for it to cool down.lol

Glad to hear your making some good headway on the Z Jeff !

..........Vinny 8)

Guest Aguyandaredhead

You are probably right Vinny. I know it is overkill like I said, I just want to try and put the best of everything where it belongs. I just have to save my .01 a little longer..

I hope I dont need the extra HP. I guess if I do I will just have to up the boost and light the candle.

I feel like I have given up a couple of lungs for this project, I guess it's my own fault. Thats why they make a resporator.

Jeff

You are probably right Vinny. I know it is overkill like I said' date=' I just want to try and put the best of everything where it belongs. I just have to save my .01 a little longer..

I hope I dont need the extra HP. I guess if I do I will just have to up the boost and light the candle.

I feel like I have given up a couple of lungs for this project, I guess it's my own fault. Thats why they make a resporator.

Jeff[/quote']

It would be even funnier if the damn thing doesn't fit in the engine bay. lol