HybridZ

My new Z

Dan Juday

Well, almost bingo. It's R. Straman Co. This guy does very professional work. He did the prototypes for the f-body convertables, the new Beetle, etc. The conversion looks completely like the factory did it.

The car has about 130k miles on it and looks like most cars with that many miles on them. It needs a little TLC.

No major mods planned. I want to clean it up, freshen the upholstry and the paint, and enjoy a drop-top again. It's been too long since the days of my Fiat 124 Spyder and the X19.

Besides, my honey lets me have all the project cars I want, sequentially.:emo:

Just gonna "freshen" it up ????????????????????? .....................................uuuuuummmmmmmmmm.huhuhuhuhuh I see fat fenders and fat tires and an engine transplant plans within 3 months. Looks great but just too much temptation for you before spring time. Deliver it up here to me for safe keeping. If you need to keep busy, you can take my Tomahawk Zee project home to finish and unravel all the damage done by Nathan Fleming..... help is on the way http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104863

Very cool, I thought the coversion was done by that Californian based company that does alot of cabro conversions for companies...I forget their name now..CC something or the other...

Looks almost like the last generation RWD Convertible Celica, which were all done by that Cali based company.

That car would be so cool with a VG33 Turbo in it!

Yasin

Dan' date='

Do you know if they are still in business or a way to contact them? I need some parts for my Z32 convertible that are nowhere to be found as far as Nissan is concerned.[/quote']

Here is a web page that has phone numbers and an address. I don't know if it's current though.

http://300zx-twinturbo.com/Articles/straman.htm

Thanks Dan. I'd already found that info and it is no longer current. Even google'd the name in the town and came up dry. Also tried a reverse look-up on the number with no results. Looks like local machine shops are going to get rich building custom parts for these cars as some of the items start to fail.