HybridZ

RB25 guys

RB26powered74zcar

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Would be just a guess, but I think that probably has to do with the fact that most all RB's that do not have ind throtle bodys tend to lean out in the rear cyl's. Looks like this way they have a better chance of having the same amount of metered air in all cyl's..

Just my .02

Jeff

There is quite a bit of engineering experimentation on the RB series engines in Australia, this is one such example I imagine.

The demand for front facing plenums is pretty high with show cars wanting to tidy up the engine bay and kids wanting shorter intercooler piping. Someone has just tried something new with a twin throttle setup. Wouldnt surprise me if not a lot of research went into flow though.

thats very interesting...iv built a homemade ITB set up for my honda about a year ago using cbr600 rr throttles with a built valvetrain it was very rev happy and made good power for a NA mod...i wonder how a RB would react to itb's?..i know the BMW M3 has ITB's and they are monsters under boost...but then again tuning :shock: i wouldnt want to even think about it

Probably wouldn't be too difficult to tune. Since they share the same plenum, any minute airflow difference would probably equalize pretty easily. And, you would only need one TPS. Seems like a good idea to use two, would probably be better with only one in the center with long intake runners, but struts are definately important to keep, ha ha.

Guest JAMIE T
thats very interesting...iv built a homemade ITB set up for my honda about a year ago using cbr600 rr throttles with a built valvetrain it was very rev happy and made good power for a NA mod...i wonder how a RB would react to itb's?..i know the BMW M3 has ITB's and they are monsters under boost...but then again tuning :shock: i wouldnt want to even think about it

RB26's have ITB's stock.