HybridZ

Carbon fiber airdam with pics.

fazzt73

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear from Paulo......to sort of "justify " his actions. Stuff like this makes me leary of purchaseing things form them. Although I or we do not know how many others had good parts not needing to be reworked of how many seamless transactions there were out there, if any. If he truely cares about doing business in this community then he should want to discuss this topic.....IMO

knonfs was just banned. He had no business here other than trying to tear Paulo's reputation down. This is getting quite annoying from the administrative side of things. Seems like Paulo has made a lot of enemies.

QUESTION: Do we have a single member here, not somebody we don't know but one of our established members who owns a Z and bought Z parts from Paulo who either:

a. ordered something and never got either the part ordered or a refund?

b. got a part which was so bad that it was unusable?

So far I haven't seen either instance. If it has happened to you, please post your experience here.

as far as me making enemies is a bit harsh, i might have unsatisfied customers, its not easy making and selling these items, they are subject to a lot of opinions.

my user name is the same on all the the forums i post that makes it easy to find me and bash what we do. i have nothing to hide thats why i keep it this way.

as a vendor what we do is offer a moneyback guarantee if you are not satisfied with the part just return it for a for a refund, its that easy.

why customers decide not to use this policy and go on a internet bashing spree i dont know.

Paulo.

I'd have to go back and check dates - more than 6 months ago, and the PMs may be deleted by now. The amount, $75.00, was not that much, and communication with this guy is so hit-or-miss I just wrote it off. As I remember, I was trying to get that money instead applied to making my second spoiler carbon after a long wait for the buckets which never got built.

PM sent regarding the deposit.

I would like to hear from Paulo......to sort of "justify " his actions. Stuff like this makes me leary of purchaseing things form them. Although I or we do not know how many others had good parts not needing to be reworked of how many seamless transactions there were out there, if any. If he truely cares about doing business in this community then he should want to discuss this topic.....IMO

we make fg and carbon parts for companys like www.stillen.com, www.carbontrix.com, www.daliracing.com, www.gtmotorsport.net

on a wholesale level.

i assure you we have hundreds of parts and special projects out there,

or negative feedback is very low. but the sour ones travel quick

Thanks, Paulo.

Paulo, why don't you think of everything you want to say and then just make one big post?

I was being harsh before, you're right. But you're also the only member I'm aware of who has had groups of people come from other forums to warn us about. I think if you check you'll see that Hybrid Z is bending over backwards to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Would you provide some part numbers that you manufacture for the companies you mentioned?

Paulo, why don't you think of everything you want to say and then just make one big post?

I was being harsh before, you're right. But you're also the only member I'm aware of who has had groups of people come from other forums to warn us about. I think if you check you'll see that Hybrid Z is bending over backwards to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Would you provide some part numbers that you manufacture for the companies you mentioned?

without a doubt its clear to me and i appreciate it.

for stillen we make 350z engine covers, gauge pods pillar sets, master cil and clutch covers, and radiator covers.

for carbontrix we make all on their website except hoods.

for gtmotorsports we make all their FG parts and their porsche cup car bumpers.

for dali racing all labeled as "Dali part" or "carbonglass"

Thanks,Paulo.

• 2 weeks later...
David, Clive just email me yesterday about this issue

the panels are here i will return them ASAP.

Paulo.

paulo, it's now been 3+ weeks and i have not [yet] received my taillight trim panels. please inform me as to their status.

shipped?

not shipped?

when should i expect them to arrive?

knonfs was just banned. He had no business here other than trying to tear Paulo's reputation down. This is getting quite annoying from the administrative side of things. Seems like Paulo has made a lot of enemies.

QUESTION: Do we have a single member here, not somebody we don't know but one of our established members who owns a Z and bought Z parts from Paulo who either:

So far I haven't seen either instance. If it has happened to you, please post your experience here.

I have purchased a CF airdam in the past, the part was defective; it did not fit correctly, the cf mesh was crooked, and not to mention the there were obvious non CF covered areas around the edges (it was pure black).

I have attempted to contact paulo on multiple occasions via email and PM however he has not felt the need to respond, I guess his customers just are not important enough to him.

I have been on these forums for 2yrs, I may not post a lot but I am on nearly everyday browsing. I would advise everyone to stay away from this vendor and fulfill their CF needs somewhere else.

I have purchased a CF airdam in the past, the part was defective; it did not fit correctly, the cf mesh was crooked, and not to mention the there were obvious non CF covered areas around the edges (it was pure black).

I have attempted to contact paulo on multiple occasions via email and PM however he has not felt the need to respond, I guess his customers just are not important enough to him.

I have been on these forums for 2yrs, I may not post a lot but I am on nearly everyday browsing. I would advise everyone to stay away from this vendor and fulfill their CF needs somewhere else.

PM sent, Paulo.

I just picked my FG airdam up at the Grey Hound terminal. All in all I would say I am quite pleased. There was a bit of a shipping error as I live in CA and the airdam made its way to Louisiana but that was corrected by Grey Hound free of charge. Took a day or two longer, but no biggie.

The craftsmanship is what I expected. Very good, BUT it will inevitably take some fine sanding and filling (a corner and the lip was a little damaged in transit [sprinkling of 1/64"-1/32" gouges]) to get the piece into a perfect paint able condition. All in all I would rate the experience with a solid B. Nothing went deathly wrong, just had to wait a little while longer. I give the airdam itself an A for construction. Value wise... A+. I have not attempted to fit this piece yet, nor will I attempt for a while, BUT it does look like it will fit up just fine.

I've been a member here for many many years. I've probably got in excess of $30,000 invested in this Z. I've bought a lot of parts for this car. Overall, I have had very good success with all the vendors I've dealt with except this one. I bought a fiberglass BRE rear Spoiler from Paulo. It did not fit at all, and it was very thin at the top edge and was cracked. Also, one of the attachment fittings was rattling around in the inside. My car was being painted at the time, and the body shop commented it was the worst piece of sh@t he had ever seen. I emailed Paulo several times for a refund or replacement but received no replies. What's interesting is that when I first contacted him about buying a part he responded in minutes but when I had a problem, I NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN. When I called the phone number listed on his website, it was no longer in service. I ended up cutting it in half and throwing it away. I then bought an MSA spoiler and it fit perfect with very little prep. I could kick myself for not taking a picture before throwing it away. The inside of this spoiler was just a train wreck. No wonder it was cracking. I'm suprised it even stayed together in shipping. I guarantee you that no one on this site would buy a part from him if they saw what I saw. To this day, I'm am still amazed at how poor the quality of this part was, and I've been building cars for over 30 years. If you decide to buy from this guy, good luck. You will need it.