HybridZ

Anyone here actually seen a Z32 with an LS1 engine/T56 install?

Guest Chris

Just wanted to know if anyone has actually seen this install completed before I take the plunge and do this. I have a Z32 TT with no engine in it and I figure it is the perfect time right now. I was going to put the original Engine in it but my last experience with this has left me with a bad taste in my mouth (basically the engine I tried was no good and a lot of money wasted) Don't want to make the same mistake twice. My question is how the T56 sits in the cockpit. Does the shifter sit centered and how high does it sit. I had an LT1 with a T56 installed in my 87 Z31 Turbo and the dang stick was as high as a truck shifter. I also had a problem with hood clearance due to it being carbed. I'm assuming hood clearance with the stock LS1 will not be an issue with my Z32, so my real question is with the shifter. Anyone? Thanks

Chris.

(basically the engine I tried was no good and a lot of money wasted)

Chris.

HA!!!!! Boy do I ever know about that!!

Yes, it's been done. I just can't remember who or when. Do a search and you'll undoubtedly find it!

Or try this out of laziness.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=99731&highlight=z32

and this

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/703370

Don't even bother clicking that link. The threadstarter was banned for 1) being an argumentitive *** and 2) being a thief. His "manual" was stolen and hacked up from another member here.

The shifter is where you place it. If it sits too high you modify it or purchase a short-shifter.

Good call. I inadvertanly posted that because of the information. Not necessarily for the manual.

I got burned way back when I started my Z32/LS1 project by him, so don't take offense if I get brash about it.

But yeah, threads by GB300Z, KrazeeZX, and Adlashwa are the ones you want to focus on for information about this swap. There's one by me that asks a bunch of questions about it, as well, that has lots of good info in it. Good luck though, and make sure to keep us updated!

Believe it or not, with the shifter I would have had to cut off about 8 inches to make it as low as stock. I heard that the more you take off the less leverage you have (makes sense) and the shifting becomes progressively harder. Figured that would definintely be the case taking off 8 inches so never did do it and just ripped the whole drivetrain out and sold it.

Hey guys, I heard my name across the net and thought I might stop in…

I’m not really a forum kind of guy so I don’t hang around much, but if someone has questions just send them my way: gb300z@hotmail.com I will be glad to help out anyone.

For the guys who want to know, the car is running great! It’s been a daily driver for a year now with no problems from the drive train. The old Z parts are giving some problems but they are being upgraded as we go (for example the brakes are now Stillen).

The suspension is the next and probably the last mechanical system to be done next to A/C maybe…

I tell you one thing though; the car gets a lot of attention. It’s been in a couple of shows like, Hot Import Nights and is going to be in NOPI in a couple of moth. Magazines are asking but it needs a paint job badly, really badly… we will see, I’m not holding my breath on that one.

If anyone wants to know about the power, I don’t have quarter mile times. BUT I did run into a Viper GTSR the other week on the high way. (Yes I know no street racing and no excuses but the high way was empty and he was begging me to go, you must agree that it is one in a live time chance to show him that he paid way too much for his car) Anyway, we went from 50 all the way to 120 and staid nose to nose the entire way.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/703370 pictures are not that current, probably will update after NOPI Arizona…

Thanks again to all the guys who helped me with my swap…