HybridZ
HarrisonTX

Talkin the talk... q45 r230 r200 z30 & so on & so on

Why does it seem that no one buys an aftermarket lsd like a KAAZ from a 240sx and swap it in ? Did any one try it . I would have a good deal on one and i want feed back a little ?

Edited by Wedge

Yes but Kaaz's seem to more readily available and slightly cheaper than Quife's. So I'm kind of in the same boat with him in wondering why it isn't done more often.

But I heard the LSD's for the 240sx's 12mm bolt diff's will work for older 12mm R200's. True?

It seems you can swap any aftermarket LSD made for non lsd 240sx and they will fit. I guess I will buy one and try its not like its going to be hard to sell if doent fit anyway and at first I was looking at an OBX helical but they dont seem to be of very good quality even when you upgrade the bolts.

And the other thing I am wondering is if all the DIY web sites that shows way to swap in lsds in 240sx open diff, will they work in a R200 long nose from a Z ?

If it is an R200 then it will work. Long nose/short nose does not matter. What matters is the ring gear/pinion shaft combo. You have to keep those the same. If it is a short nose case, then you need the short pinion shaft and mating ring gear to go with it. If it is a long nose, you need to have the long pinion shaft and accompanying ring gear.