HybridZ

rear strut spring seat

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i want to remove my rear strut spring and move it up to gain wheel clearance, has anyone tried this and what spring works, and how much clearance can be gained, i want to put a 235 or 255 60 or 50 series tire in the stock wheel wells. jack

Your best bet is to convert to Coil-overs. This will give you all the added benefit for wheel fitting and allow you a more custom tunable suspension. Also, the amount of work required to raise the purch and cut the srpings to fit would be more, and also ruin a set of springs. Factory Z springs are progressive in their weight compression. Unless you know how it was wound, you won't know if you are cutting off the firm or soft end of the spring.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

well hi give me the details ?????

quote:

Originally posted by Mikelly:

Your best bet is to convert to Coil-overs. This will give you all the added benefit for wheel fitting and allow you a more custom tunable suspension. Also, the amount of work required to raise the purch and cut the srpings to fit would be more, and also ruin a set of springs. Factory Z springs are progressive in their weight compression. Unless you know how it was wound, you won't know if you are cutting off the firm or soft end of the spring.

Mike

Well you need to get the threaded collar kit from either Carrera, Ground control, or Arizona Zcar. It consists of a threaded collar with a new 2.5 inch spring perch and top cap. Then yuo pick the spring rating you want. Each corner will run you $80-100 for Spring and assembly. You then cut off your perch, weld in the new threaded collar and set up your spring.

The spring is much smaller in diameter and another added benefit is adjustable ride height!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

thanks mikelly, jack

quote:

Originally posted by Mikelly:

Well you need to get the threaded collar kit from either Carrera, Ground control, or Arizona Zcar. It consists of a threaded collar with a new 2.5 inch spring perch and top cap. Then yuo pick the spring rating you want. Each corner will run you $80-100 for Spring and assembly. You then cut off your perch, weld in the new threaded collar and set up your spring.

The spring is much smaller in diameter and another added benefit is adjustable ride height!

Mike