HybridZ

Sway Bars a GO

My wife says she'll buy me a set of sway bars for my B-day!! YES! What size is recommended? Who makes a complete front/rear with rear install.kit, mine didn't come with one on the rear. Competitive pricing and brand names appreciated.

Dear, about those coilovers....

I recommend a 1 1/8th unit up fornt and a 7/8 unit in the rear. JCR, Arizona Zcar, Motorsport, and Import Specialties make nice units. Most ship with new endlink and frame mount bushings.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

I ahve the JCR ones mentioned. The bushings suck though, they are plastic. I used the nuts and bolts from the JCR set and used the bushings from the urethane set (for the front).

Depending on what year your car is, you may or may not have rear mounts for the sway bar.

Mine is a 73 and JCR includes a kit which involves drilling thru the floor for a mount,

like a battery box.

However, my Z does have the rear mounts so I went to a junkyard and found the clips that hold the busing in place and used those instead.

I think theres a link to JCR on my links page http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html

V8 zcars links

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html

Just looked through the MSA catalogue... they don't seem to have 1 1/8" fronts, the kits they offer are 1" front and 7/8" rear. I am thinking about getting this kit in the next couple of weeks, anyone have it and care to share a few thoughts on the pair?

------------------

-------------------------

Drax240z - 1973 240z