HybridZ

Hey Mikekz!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey!,

When I drove my Z in the other day it ran great, but on the way home I took it to the tire shop to get the tires rebalanced and when I was leaving the shop, my throttle cable broke on me! So one of the guys in the shop gave me a coat hanger...HA! Have you ever tried to drive a car, especially a V8 Zcar STICKSHIFT!, using a coat hanger hooked around the carb linkage, pulling the throttle by hand and trying to steer and shift at the same time? smile.gif MAN!!! What a ride that was! Giving the car throttle by pulling on a coat hanger that's coming through the firewall and sticking out from under the dash between your legs is a test of coordination that you will never believe!!! But I did make it home, and believe it or not, by the time I got home I was pretty darn good at driving it like that! smile.gif I did lay a little rubber down on my first attempt at "pulling throttle" and letting the clutch out at the same time! And the more it threw me back in the seat, the more I pulled on that Dang coat hanger!!! smile.gif I bet the guys in the shop were thinking, "MAN!, That thing WILL GO!" and I was thinking, "Oh !#@$$#, how do I stop this thing!"...and like an idiot, the whole way home I was working the gas pedal with my foot by habit I guess...like that was going to do any good! smile.gif I just wanted to tell you that and see what you've been up to on your Z? I was at Emory today with my Pop...thought about trying to find you, but wasn't sure where to start looking. smile.gif I'm going to drive mine in again next week so I will email you when, ok? My brake booster went out on me the day after I fixed my throttle cable, so slowly but surely, I'm working out all the bugs. Talk to ya soon.

Lee

What a great story lee!!! I was laughing my butt off through the whole thing! I've been doing a lot of color sanding lately. I just painted my car in the garage. I'm also putting together my engine and EFI to bring it to the dyno to break it in and tune the EFI.I'm only a couple of buildings down from Emory Hospital. My office # is 404-727-6236, give me a call next time! Hope to see you when you bring your car in!

Mike