HybridZ

Can the Unibody handle the torque

Guest iamjackal

Guest iamjackal

Im looking to put a 383 Stroker in a Z car, preferably a 300zx if possible.So far I cant find anyone who has done this, so Im maybe just gonna go with a 280.But anyway do you think if you used torque tubes I would be able to keep T-tops in.I dont know if they help that much to keep the undibody from flexing under all that power.What do you guys think??? Any help or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Guest Frank280z

There is an 84 running around up here in PA

with a small block. I don't know the guy. But if you need more info I could probably contact him somehow. If the engine compartment is anything like 79-83 models.The engine should sit TDC of the crossmember. Due to the 3" difference in bays with the 70-78zs. Whatever you do,stiffen up that suspension. I have yet to see an 84-89 sit level.

Frank280z

I would suspect you would have to deal with some stiffening issues. I have a 383 in my 74 260 and I'm happy with it, but you need more chassis bracing to compensate for t-tops.

OOPS...Don't want anyone to misunderstand what I just typed... I have a 6 point cage bolted and 2x3 sub-frame connectors welded in to my car. I also have other chassis bracing. Personaly, I think this is the only way to go in getting all the power to the ground without damaging the unit body.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

[This message has been edited by Mikelly (edited April 03, 2000).]