HybridZ

1uzfe or VH45de?

Collectindust240Z

They both seem like equally stout engines. I personally prefer the VH45 because Nissan tends to put out a bit more power stock for stock compared to Toyota. You also get an increase in displacement and they're proven to be extremely stout.

Like you mentioned above though, there might be a bit more aftermarket support for the Toyota engine. However, I believe there might be some more stuff coming out for the VH with the sudden surge of VH swaps that I've noticed.

In the end, I don't believe you can go wrong with either engine. They're both very strong and have their good and bad points so it's basically up to you.

The situation in Australia probably has to do with the fact that the Nissan engine is not fitted to any domestic model whereas the Toyota is, nothing to do with the quality of either engine. There is also the question as to fitting a manual gearbox to the VH whereas that has been sorted with the Toy in Oz.

price maybe? I don't know what the VH runs but the early model 1uz motors are very cheep. Newer ones cost a bit more but have VVT. Early models are low 200hp and they slowly progressed to the 280 mark. SC models usually had a slight increase in power over the respective LS model of the same year.

The 1uz isn't a large V8, but it can be made to rev to pretty hight limits.

I think they're both good motors. I wish I could think of some cons for either for you, but I can't.

I too was considering running both of these engines. The thing that ruled the vh45 off the list was purley just a lack of parts avalible in oz. The problem I found with the 1uz is even though it is cheap, if you want a manual trans you pay out your *** for it (especially the r154 or v160). Ive seen 1uz's for about $1000, manual trans adpt for $1000 and trans for about $2000. this made the 1uz look abit on the expensive side for me. in the end i just went with a ford v8.

What type of tranny do u want to run? what type of power do you want to make?

and trans for about $2000

Holy crap! I should get into the business of exporting transmissions to Australia. :o R154's are all over the place up here. Just as an example, Team Auto Parts in Winnipeg has an R154 right now with 170k on it for $270. I should buy it, sell it to some poor guy for $1500 and make a 500% profit. :mrgreen: