HybridZ

Camber Question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have my strut towers in now and decided to bolt up one of the strut assemblys to see how everything looks. When I did this I was concerned with the camber I found. With everything it its stock location (except for the towes which have been lowered 1") there seems to be just a tad bit of pos camber. I think when I chop the struts this will go away but what is the stock setup for camber. Is it a little positive from the factory (top of wheels outwards)?? I'm not overly concerned with this at the moment because when the car is lowered the angle of the LCA's will be less and will push the strut out more on the bottom. When the strut is shortened it will also bring the lower ball joint connection inward about 3/4". What are the experiences out there with camber and the proper angularity??

SpencZ

Monsterz Cont.

I think they came with a slight amount of positive camber from the factory. Also, Beware! Most Zcars suffer from strut tower sag over time. My 1st Z suffered big time from this and actually had to have the towers bent to allow proper alignment....

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk