HybridZ

GEAR RATIO'S ON R200'S

Guest Anonymous

I know that there is an R200 with 4.11 gear ratio, and I believe that there are higher ratios, but I am not 100% sure. The 4.11 came in the mid 80's turbo 200sx. Good luck finding one though.

Myron, isn't Biondo running 3.15s? I'm not sure if its even a Datsun rear. ?? That would sure help your revs. If no one comes up with a good asnwer I'd call Motorsport. They've always been cool with the Z questions. 1 800 633-6331. All the techies own Zs. Someone there will know.

John Scott

[This message has been edited by John Scott (edited April 23, 2000).]

Jim Biondo is running an LSD R200 with the now NLA (no longer available) 3.15:1 gears. He had Jason at Jim Cook Racing bild it for him. Safety wired and all that. (I safety wired my own, on my stock 3.7:1 LSD out of an 88 300ZXT. Got the drilled bolts from Courtesy Nissan.)

I think Myron meant low numerical, high speed when he said highest gear. Only those low end torque challenged motors need the high numerical, low speed gears - Yuck.

I have 3.7:1 since that's what the LSD diff had in it when I got it. Changing the R&P was out of the question for me - I don't have the skills or tools, and it's way expensive to buy and have new R&P in for a few hundred less rpm at cruise, top end.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@tidalwave.net">pparaska@tidalwave.net -

Thanks for the info guys, I think i will

sell that high stall torque converter.

I think that i am waisting tons of torgue.

Here is what this thing does and tell me what you think...

Brake torquing= @ 2700rpm it starts to spin and it pushes the car. As soon as i let off the brake it instantly jumps to 4000 rpm and then starts pulling real hard.

Cruizing= in ANY gear and I drop the hammer

it jumps to 4000 rpm and then starts pulling....

The car felt a lot faster with the 700r4 and a stock converter...