HybridZ

Finally a Car build thread for me :P

tfreer85

Hi Tyson' date='

I do hope you're healing quickly and otherwise in good health! You've got yourself a bundle of goodies there - I really like the Datsun jacket as others have voiced. It would be great if we could get a group buy on these jackets. I'd like to try one on to determine my size since I'm a small guy.

RacerX[/quote']

Thanks Ernie, everything is going well. I'm cleared to work on the car, I'm just lacking on a good space to dig into it. If you're ever down my way you are more than welcome to try on the jacket. It is heavy duty dry winter jacket, nice and thick.

Also for those interested, the LS1 is most likely going to be up for sale. Motor, ecu, headers, flywheel, wiring harness, S30 JCI Motor/Tranny mounts (install manual). The more and more I get into this car and the more I ride in way less powerful Z's I realize I'm WAY overbuilding for my driving capablilities and experience. So I'm looking into and 1JZ, RB25+, or SR, something with boost to where I can notch up the power gradually.

Tyson

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm looking into and 1JZ' date=' RB25+, or SR, something with boost to where I can notch up the power gradually.

Tyson[/quote']

with a welder like that, you could probably put all 3 of those blocks together and make it an inline 18.

lookin good, mang!

can't wait to see them stuffs =)

with a welder like that' date=' you could probably put all 3 of those blocks together and make it an inline 18.

lookin good, mang!

can't wait to see them stuffs =)[/quote']

hahaha, well i think i'd run out of engine bay room.... but other than that I'm game. Thanks for the compliments though. Its really aggravating right now, have 97% off all the parts you need and not being able to just bolt them onto the car. So trust me when I get some work done I will actually give a good update. On Tuesday, I'm picking up a 60 gal compressor and painting my hood soon there after. Should be a good visionary setup of what is to come and be expected.

Tyson

• 5 months later...

Okay well got the wheels back from the powder coater. Chassis black, wiring harness, front end bolts (fenders bolts, inspection lid bolts, etc), sanding blocks are in the mail. I also picked up my black paint both gloss (for the body) and satin (for ZG's, bumpers, etc.). My dad has an INGERSOLL-RAND 175 construction compressor, I've got to look into it to see if it can meet my painting gun needs. The engine bay is partially prepped, need to do some spot weld removing, once I ge the chassis black in I can do my underbody and get my suspension bolted up. Hopefully by that time I'll have the necessary bolts collected for my JCI LS1 kit and I can set the motor in, and do my intake mock-up and exhaust mock up. So more to come, I'm giddy cause I'm ACTUALLY making progress instead of b*tching about working conditions etc.

Onward with the pics....

100_0886.jpg

Its just dust on top from my finger prints, not actually markings in the tire area.

100_0885.jpg

100_0884.jpg

Thanks HybridZ for the support and influences!!

Tyson

They're Centerline Big Sur's 17x9.5" with a 5" back space. They've jumped in price again since I've bought them. They are now also being called "Thrusters," if I had to buy wheels again I wouldn't buy them just because I can afford more/better wheels, but I'm happy with them now and going to use them.

• 3 months later...

Three months later and all I have to show are more parts... (anyone surpriesed, cause ya shouldn't be :D )

Apexi N1 Turbo Mufflers...

100_0893.jpg

100_0890.jpg

100_0891.jpg

And just for you Justin (280zforce)

100_0892.jpg

Also, got my ZG flares (you all know what they look like), Vortex Generators, and Spoiler (should arrive tomorrow). I have a full 3 day weekend coming up, so I have plans on getting underbody all done, and suspension all bolted up.

Thats my little update,

Tyson

P.S. I know I'm a failure at actually putting parts on the car....

Small update, didn't get as much done one the car as I wanted (wouldathunkit?). Anyways the first day I pulled all my parts out of my C-train wiped/washed them down fully cleaned the C-train itself, then organized everything putting it back in. Second day, was sand down primer, wipe that all down, and apply the rust inhibitor. I would have continued with the spray on rust encapsulator and the chassis black, but the inhibitor recommended 24hr set time for best adhesion of the next top coats.

Onward ho with the pics:

No thats not rust thats the inhibitors' color:

100_0894.jpg

Rust Encapsulator:

100_0895.jpg

Chassis Black:

100_0896.jpg

100_0897.jpg

I need opinions here! Can I use techno toy tuning bolt in camber plates here? (FYI the engine bay was not coated in the chassis black, just satin black primer a couple of weeks ago)

100_0899.jpg

100_0898.jpg

cp_02.jpg

cp_01.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Tyson

I think I have the old camber plates for your car. I will take a look next week.

Mike

Thanks Mike, let me know what $$ you'd want for them and if you could take any pics too. Hope your business is doing well up there,

Tyson

• 8 months later...

The LS1 ITB's, also ordered the JCI LS1 mounts, and the EZ wiring kit from ebay. Outside of seats and a Fuel Cell, there aren't any purchases over $100 left. Unfortunately or fortunately I'm looking into getting the work contracted out to get it finished. On with the pics,

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

ChevyLS1ITBsystem5.jpg

Tyson

Wicked project! Loving it - keep it up! : )

Thanks mull!! So I'm pretty sure the remainder project will be contracted out to a shop :( As much as I want to build it myself, I'm slowly realizing I don't have the time with being 2hrs away and school. So I'm kinda resolving to letting a shop finish it, and driving it. Sometime in the future when I'm out of school, I'll plan on doing another project. Oh well I suppose,

Tyson

• 7 months later...

PROGRESS!!! So my car has now being worked on by a shop, wish I could have done it myself but the more and more I worked on it the more I realized it was out of my scope for abilities. Also soon to be enlisting in the National Guard so hopefully I get to keep her at least in storage. Rear flares are should be cut so I should have pics of them up soon.

Datsun010.jpg

Datsun009.jpg

Datsun008.jpg

Datsun007.jpg

Datsun003.jpg

Datsun004.jpg

Datsun001.jpg

Tyson

I have always liked those wheels, I wouldnt pick them out seeing themby themselves but they look sweet on the car...also those ITB MMMMM mmmmmm!!!

Looking good man.

One word of advice...send the EZ wiring kit back!! Pony up hte extra money for a 12 circuit painless its much nicer.

I have had no problem with the eBay ez wiring harness. I have all three of my z cars wired using it. Its very easy to use, very cost efficient and every in all my z cars works perfect with the harness. Keep it. Its great.

In fact my cousin just ordered one for his 240sx with an ls1 motor. Dont know why he needs it but Im going over to help him tommrow.

EDIT: The build is awesome btw. Glad some progress is getting done. Cant go wrong with an ls. You wont be disappointed.