HybridZ

coil over setup

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey Guys

I'm planning to buy a coil over setup from Mike Gibson. And I need to know what spring rate and height should I run. My plans are to get some extra room for more tire. I plan to do some street driving and drag racing on the weekend. What are the pro and cons of a coil over setup are. Right now I have 225/50r15 tires and want to go bigger around 235/60R15 how much of a difference will tire chance make i don't know. I have Auto Bahn rims 15x7 I might sell them, because Myron offered me a good deal on some draglites. I want to tubb and narrow a rearend but can't justify spending the money. Thanks Jack

Guest Anonymous

Just make sure your tires will have enough room on both sides after (ie. you create inner room w/ the coilovers assuming it was the spring/mount your rim/tire was touching and not the strut tube itself. So make sure you have clearance at the fender as well. Is Mike selling complete setups for less than www.ground-control.com? Tony and Jason at GC have a lot of experience w/ spring rates etc and I found them good for advice etc. I'd at least talk to them for their info even if buying elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I didn't buy the coil over for the stock datsun suspension, I have decided to fully tubb and narrow a ford nine inch rearend, with the large rear tires Pro Street style,For me it will be cheater in the long run, so I'm selling my Koni adjustable strut, motorsport lowering spring,Auto Bahn 15x7 rims, and a lot of other junk,It took a long time to decide about the switch but after seeing Ron and Racerz car, I will keep everyone posted. Jack