HybridZ

Tube style front end

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I currently have a lead on a 240 that has been sitting in the woods for several years and the owner has told me that if I want it all I have to do is come by and pick it up.

I looked at it a few days ago and, surprise, the front frame rails are rusted badly. When doing this project I was planning on a good cage and subframe connectors. In considering these plans, instead of just replacing the frame rails and repairing the inner fenderwells I was looking at the Jegs front end setup in their catalog. It consists of the main frame rails and smaller tubes coming up off of the main frame rails that the struts are mounted to, much like a pro-stock car. I would be tying the two top rails into the roll cage. Does anyone out there have a similar set up, or has anyone seen such a set up on a Z car?

Spence and I briefly discussed the topic via e-mail. Any suggestions on such a design would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Chris

Chris,

Stop by and pick up my copy of Zcar Magazine that had the V8 special in it. It has atleast one example of that very set up. I also might have an article in sport compact car of another Z setup like it. Take the magz and xerox them on a color copier...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I am going to try and make it by Wednesday or Thursday. I didn't see Phil today but will track him down if I don't see him on Tuesday.

Chris