HybridZ

'71 Cleaveland in a 240z

Guest pogo2501

Guest pogo2501

I have many questions pertaining to this swap. i will have this engine in the spring and i am looking to start prep now for the engine. it is a 71 cleveland four barrel with the flat chamber heads. it has a c6 tranny but i am thinking about a t5 because i cant stand an auto. my main concern is the unibody and drivetrain. i have a r-200 laying around for the 240 and whatnot but will they hold up to 350+ hp? and i know frame support is a must on a v8 car but what needs to be reinforced? i have messed with datsun z's for about 4-5 yr now but they have all been n/a L6 engines. so i never had to worry about any mods to the unibody. Basically I need to be enlightened on this. Because i think I'm going to enjoy it very much lol

Guest pogo2501
There is way too much information to post in a message back. An excellent start would be to search the forums for "frame", "reinforcement", "stiffening", etc. There have been a lot of threads about these subjects, and more that will help you out a lot.

yes i know and i havent got time to look but partially and 1/2 of my questions have been answered ill repost more specific threads from now on

yes i know and i havent got time to look but partially and 1/2 of my questions have been answered ill repost more specific threads from now on

It would be to your benifit to make the time to search the archives, here at HYBRIDZ. It will certainly reduce your learning curve, as well as, provide you with various ways of exicuting the task. Alot of guys here are very knowledgeable and experienced, doing mods to the Z car....there just isn't a better place to find the RIGHT information, than here!