HybridZ

I.R.S. Idea's

Guest Anonymous

You would never be able to get hold of a suspension setup for this car. As MKZ said...300 total! If you could actually convince Ford to allow you 1 suspension setup it would cost you more than if you bought a whole car. A better idea would be to go with a Jaguar setup or the R200 W/CV shafts. The more I think about the Ford 9" conversion I'm doing...the more I realize that the R200 is soooo much easier and soooo much cheaper. If you are considering the blown V6 than the R200 would be fine for you.

SpencZ

MonsterZ Cont.

Guest John Adkins

There's a company that advertises in street rod magazines that makes an IRS setup that uses a 9" Ford diff. As I recall its about $3000 complete. I think the company's name is Dutchman or something like that...

Also, how about late model Ford T-bird IRS diffs? The V8 models used the Ford 8.8 ring and pinion, same as 5.0 mustangs. Also, it uses CV jointed axles.

We have a guy in the kit car club that is building a Classic Roadsters 1963 Sebring MX3000 (Austin Healy look-alike). This car uses a Mustang chassis and powertrain so he just converted it to the new Mustang IRS using brand new pieces from the local Ford Dealers parts department. I think he said he paid about $1,800 but I will have to double check with him.

I should see him next Saturday for breakfast so I will let you know.