HybridZ

I want to thank everyone for their input. Looks like we have a real tight board and I am proud to be a part of it. I spent 12 years in Japan and raced FairLady Z's for quite awhile. You become a part of this Datsun Z thing after so many years. My first one was a 73 Fairlady. Strangly enough my current car is a 73 as well. I will going back to Japan soon and will get the Steering and Dash parts to convert my car back to a Fairlady style when I come back. I was just throwing out questions on rear end setups as I haven't a clue on how to do it. Can anybody give me some places to check where to get the 4 link setup at a reasonable price with a Ford 9 inch???? Also, do you all think a 383 stroker with VORTEX heads is a good deal? I am considering buying a crate motor since mine is over 25 years old and stock. Mikes setup is awesome and I wish I knew as much about it because I like to do things myself but I want to be safe. By the way, I am in Lubbock TX and I don't want to pay $10,000 FOR THE SETUP....ANY IDEAS GUYS???

Thanks again and lets remember, we are a TEAM out here in Z land, no matter what engines we have. This Z thing is a VERY special thing and please lets none of us forget that. This is what sets us apart from all the other cut throat so called clubs out there!

CorZette...

Guest RON JONES

I hear you on that team thing.As far as the 4-link goes,I think I remember Myron saying he got price on haveing the back of his car done.I also remember saying to myself,that sounds like a pretty good deal.Myron was that you or am I confused.

And I'd like to chime in here for a moment as one of the moderators... Everyone knows that I left Zcar.com for the negative comments that were eminating from that board... Lets keep the tones civil guys.. I don't care what you do with the car as long as it is safe. If you can make a leafspring suspension work on your car for your application CorZette...GO FOR IT! As for the comment about giving it to someone who "Deserves it".....I'm gonna say this once... We do not tell people what they "SHOULD DO HERE"....Period. We offer advice and information only. Lets keep it mature and responsible guys.... We have a bigger enemy out there....

Mike Kelly

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk