HybridZ

control arms

A little while ago there was a post about

heim joints and Arizona Z car control arms.

What are the benefits of these arms? Fully

adjustable caster/camber, etc? Do the rear

ones have holes for a rear sway bar? I guess

a simple plate like on the older Zs can be welded on. I assume these control arms are

lighter too, but how much lighter?

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html

I haven't seen the Arizona Z Car rear control arms in a few years but I don't think they would have changed much. And yes, they provide a lot of room for camber, caster and toe adjustments. They are very strong but quite light since they used chrome moly steel and where designed for use on road racing type cars. The ones I have seen did not have provisions for attaching a anti-sway bar but I think you could add a plate to do that.

BTW, Arizona Z Car at one time sold a full tube frame chassis with integrated full roll cage and it utilized these chrome molly control arms on all four corners (are you listening SpencZ). Does anybody know if they still sell these?

Guest Anonymous

Actually....I'm making my own control arms to complete the custom motiv'. I'm not using chromoly but instead going up to 1.25" DOM tubing. I won't be saving a whole lot in weight but the adjustments will be worth the effort.

SpencZ

MonsterZ Cont.

P.S. I'm 99.9% sure Arizona Zcar doesn't make the chassis anymore...they are too lazy to even keep body parts in stock not to mention something as complex as a chromoly chassis.

Last Time I checked with Arizona Zcar they didn't have the control arms in stock and wouldn't make single sets. They wanted large orders on hand so they could make it worth their while. Last I heard, Dave was trying to get out of the business....

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk