HybridZ

Brakes

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

With regard to installation of 300ZX brake rotors with the Toyota 4X4 calipers, does anybody know if the stock steel wheels will fit over this setup? The calipers appear significantly larger than stock. I am concerned about interference with the back of the rim.

Thanks

You should be concerned... It won't clear. I had to grind a small amount on the fin on the caliper (88 V6 4X4) to get it to clear on the 15X8 centerlines I had custom made. I don't recommend using the toyota calipers with factoty wheels...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. Was the interference you mentioned with the outside diameter of the caliper, or with the backspacing with rim?

Mike

The outter rib on the caliper hit the back of the rim where it mounts to the hub, not the outter rim itself. I was conerned at first, but once I realized the minimal amount that had to be removed, I didn't sewat it. However, that caliper will not (The 88 6 Cyl. 4x4 model) clear a 14 inch rim... Too big.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk