HybridZ

BLEW OUT MY DIFF...JASON D WAS RIGHT

After complaining how my car was leaving the staging zone as a 1 wheel wonder at the track.. Jason D "NOSZCAR" told me the the

roll pin that held the shaft for the planetary gears was sheered and that putting a solid pin would fix it. I was driving through town (and i sure am glad i was just creeping along) the rear axle almost locked up solid. I was able to idle home with it jerking and clunking and grinding and banging and shuddering!!! 10 miles worth

After tearing it down, i discoverd that Jason was right on the money. The roll pin

had sheered allowing the shaft that holds the planetary gears in place to walk back and fourth and the ends of it were getting chewed off by the ring and pinion gears..

the large shaft (about the diameter of your thumb)was also broke in half where the roll pin passes through it... I am so lucky that

it didnt happen when i was "hauling the mail"

If I had the money right now i would go with a 9". Maybe down the road though.. I have a 76 parts car with an r200. I openend it up and checked it out, plus i welded in the

large shaft that holds the 2 planetary

gears in place because there is no way that the little hollow roll pin will hold...

I plan on taking it for a "spin" tonight to try it out......