HybridZ

Solid Axle here I come...

After reading the threads about IRS vs Solid axle and talking to alot of racers, I've decided to with a setup similar to MikeKz's but with progressive rate springs. This should provide all the strength and handling, not to mention a vastly greater selection of gear ratio's and wheel sizes. I love the pic's at MikeKz's site and what he's done! More pic's Mike! I'd like to know how much you narrowed the 12Bolt and what brakes you used all around and how you installed them.

------------------

Thanks Z-Dreamer, I was going to go progressive springs all around too. When I bought my coilovers for the front from Ground Control, I talked to the guy for a bit, and he said not too. That they didn't work well because the way he discribed it,... soft, hard ,soft, hard,hard. What he meant was you'll be driving along, and it feels nice and cushy, and you hit a dip or bump, and bam the springs get rock hard, and shutters through the car.He said to use regular rated springs.With 295-15-50s on 10" rims I think I narrowed the 12 bolt to 45".I using rear disc from a 79 Trans Am. Front disc are stock Datsun rotors custom mated to chevy drum hubs, and Toyota 4 piston calipers. One day I try to get more pics on there. I'm planning to put on a short video of my engine on the Dyno!(EFI 327- 435hp, 493 ft lbs tq)