HybridZ

Best mod I've done...

I added my home made front strut tower brace to my car last night. Its a nice piece, TIG welded 316 Stainless steel. Drove the car and... WOW!!!!!! Unbelievable difference. It seems that almost all the creaks and groans coming from anywhere in the car have dissapeared... and the car feels rock solid entering turns, and smooth... What a blast!

I'd definately recommend one to anyone pondering it. This is my only form of chassis stiffening at this point, so some might not have the results I did... (I'm still running the L24)

------------------

Drax240z

1973 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

Well Well... Interesting that you would notice that Drax. That creaking and groaning is exactly the type of symptom that would tell you that there are issues in them thar' strut towers. They flex...not like the muscle mag guys either...

Glad you noticed a difference. My guess is there is a lot more stiffening that will make even more noticable changes as well.. Keep on keepin on!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Yeah Mike, I've allready come to the same conclusion actually, regarding the strut towers. They are pretty damn good overall, but there is a thin lin eof rust about 3" long at the bottom of each, which is where I expect most of that flex is coming from. I plan on welding/painting everything necessary in my engine bay once I pull this engine to put in my new one...

------------------

Drax240z

1973 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html