HybridZ

JTRs 1/2" spacers

Guest Frank280z

Guest Frank280z

Is everybody using these pieces. I didn't figure out my driveshaft angle yet. But I was just wondering if anybody left them out like Pete suggests to minimize the amount of vibration.

Frank

(btw I found a MSA front airdam in the junkyard for $10- on Sat.)

Frank, as you noted I don't have them in. They are used by JTR to add clearance above the transmission at the top of the tunnel. They will also affect the clearance under the hood latch bracket and the distributor. I think using them might aggrevate the clearance at the motor mount in way of the steering shaft, as it causes the shaft to be at more of an angle to the ground than stock, when you lower the crossmember with the spacers.

I use them, and I did have vibration until I did the mod on the mustache bar bushing as described by JTR. No more vibration!!!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Frank280z

Thanks for the info Pete. I don't need anymore clearance in the tranmission tunnel.

With the Muncie/ side linkage setup; the stick just peaks out of the floor. 4" to be exact. With a 4 1/2" throw.

Mike. Are you talkiing about drilling out the washer on top of the mustache bar for the center sleeve to fit in?

Just one more question while I'm here.Do you have to install the bumpsteer spacers when installing 1" drop springs?

Frank