HybridZ

Wiring questions.

2802NR

I just have a few questions.

Where did everyone tap in for the fuel pump wiring? (1977) Off the connector were the relay once was maybe? if so wich wire is it? My diagrams are faded as hell. (and weren't that great to begin with)

• 2 months later...

Hey did you get your Fuel pump wiring finished if so can you let me know how you did it.

I have a 77 with an 82 ZXT engine and Engine harness

Also are you using a Relay for the Fuel pump if so which one the 77 or the 82 and how and where do you plug it in.

All the best

Thanks for the help

I have a 77 280Z also and what I did was run a new wire (12 gauge) to the pump from the relay box of my MS. However prior to that I used a relay to power the fuel pump by hooking the old pump wiring to the relay and a new 12 gauge wire from the battery.

I also helped the ground wire by using a 12 gauge wire off of the pump to a good chassis ground and then adding the original pump ground to that ground point.

Also I am running an MSD fuel pump and it works just great.

Hope this helps.

HB280ZT

• 3 weeks later...

I used the MS relay board so I eliminated the stock fuel pump relays under the dash. When you do that you end up with two white wire harness connectors hanging from under the dash. all of the wires are useless now without the stock fuel injection except for the power source for the fuel pump which is where I tapped in. If you follow the wiring diagram posted by trwebb26 it is easy to find. Its much easier than running a new wire IMO. Now if you are wanting to use the stock relay instead of the MS relay board than I'm afraid I cant help you there.

Good luck.